Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go.

It's a shame that no good games are already on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it does say "regular priced item" so even if they were on sale you probably couldn't use it. I know I tried to use one before on a sale item and it didn't work.

Still a good coupon if you were looking for something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great coupon! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Well it does say "regular priced item" so even if they were on sale you probably couldn't use it. I know I tried to use one before on a sale item and it didn't work.

I wandered into a Chapters in Alberta thinking maybe I'd pick up the Settlers 5-6 player extension for a good price.

I was stunned to see Agricola there. With a 30% off sticker.

Uh-HUH.

*picks up box, wanders to cashier*

Me: "I know this coupon says it doesn't work for sale items, but would you mind seeing what the computer says?"

-bleep-

Cashier: "Okay, your total after tax is $44.08."

Moral: Never hurts to ask.

In case anyone cares, I checked the in-store computer: the sticker on the box may have said "30% off", but the regular price in the system was $55.97--so, not a sale price as far as it was concerned. This was back on Feb. 13, though.

Big thanks to the OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Timothy
Canada
Uxbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
B Factor wrote:

*picks up box, wanders to cashier*

Me: "I know this coupon says it doesn't work for sale items, but would you mind seeing what the computer says?"

-bleep-

Cashier: "Okay, your total after tax is $44.08."

Moral: Never hurts to ask.

In case anyone cares, I checked the in-store computer: the sticker on the box may have said "30% off", but the regular price in the system was $55.97--so, not a sale price as far as it was concerned. This was back on Feb. 13, though.

Big thanks to the OP!

I'll have to try this out in BC! They seem to keep sending out that coupon. (at least I saw it again more recently...) I was over at Chapters and Settlers was calling to me...There sometimes seems to be a bit of a hiccup between the box prices, discount stickers and final price.

As a side note...I was at the Chapters just after christmas and Pandemic had a 30% off coupon. I went to buy it, and the price came up at 17$!! I should have picked up Settlers at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffTimothy wrote:
As a side note...I was at the Chapters just after christmas and Pandemic had a 30% off coupon. I went to buy it, and the price came up at 17$!! I should have picked up Settlers at the same time.

Ooh, good to know. Perhaps I should randomly wander through Chapters a little bit more often to increase the chances that I'll stumble upon a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.