Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like LBG is returning from a "quiet" period with a major upgrade to the Sgts. system. Bigger components (counters are 3/4"!) and sharply cut map sections, rules streamlined... Look for more news about this in the next week or so. I think LBG is revamping web site to coincide with it. Friend who is on a "shakedown" cruise (to check and see how easy the rules are for 1st timers) sent me a photo I've put in the pix section. Will try and get some close ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will they be posting the new rules online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like its up for sale now, on their new website...Is this website legit, my firewall/anti-virus system is saying its unauthenticated, and is throwing up a bunch of red flags.

Will this be a reproduction of the original system with upgraded higher quality components, or a significant redo of the game in terms of modified rules, scenarios, map boards, etc???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.lostbattaliongames.com/p-70-sergeants-on-the-eas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very interesting - the game system was decent, and had some real potential. The asking price is still reasonable, and if the rules were touched up for clarity and to fill a couple of small holes then this could be a real winner! Thanks for posting. I'm eagerly awaiting reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gunn Jr.
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available, got mine last week. Looks great, looking forward to the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine as well. Looks nice, but it might take some time to get used to the laser cutting as it leaves ash on your fingers. I am old that the ash is easily cleaned off the counters so they may be handled cleanly but have not played yet.

Note that Repple Depple 1 is also available. Repple Depple 2 and another expansion is to be released soonish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I received mine as well. Looks nice, but it might take some time to get used to the laser cutting as it leaves ash on your fingers. I am old that the ah is easily cleaned off the counters so they may be handled cleanly but have not played yet.

Oh, thank goodness. I was wondering what the heck was wrong with my set. It turned my hands black like suit when I was taking them apart. My wife and I spent 20 minutes wiping them all off. Kind of a serious detraction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Dickens
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be following this one. Major upgrade. The whole game is Excellent. My vote, definite buy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Amoore
South Africa
Benoni
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a sucker for squad-level WW2 games and shyed away from the original cos I didn't fancy the components etc (Yes, I AM a magpie!). This revamp looks really nice and I'm sorely tempted again. I spend most of my time playing ASL and ATS, but would like another option, and this may be it.
Can anyone give me an idea of:
1. Complexity
2. Solo play
3. Teaching a newbie (I'll learn rules first and explain them etc.)

Your help will be appreciated!
Cheers,
Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kduke wrote:
Bigger components (counters are 3/4"!)

And anyone knows how much thick are the counters?
(Eventually if someone can upload a close up pic of a counter maybe next to a GMT counter for comparison)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n3ddy wrote:
I'm a sucker for squad-level WW2 games and shyed away from the original cos I didn't fancy the components etc (Yes, I AM a magpie!). This revamp looks really nice and I'm sorely tempted again. I spend most of my time playing ASL and ATS, but would like another option, and this may be it.
Can anyone give me an idea of:
1. Complexity
2. Solo play
3. Teaching a newbie (I'll learn rules first and explain them etc.)

Your help will be appreciated!
Cheers,
Neil

It is probably the simplest tactical WWII game I've ever played. However, it's not really squad-level. Each counter represents a single man. Also, the hexes are 100 yards across. If you're used to ASL and ATS with squad counters and 40-yard hexes then it might take a while to get the hang of this. Personally I didn't care for the scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.