Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Kruse
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used ArtsCow before, but was looking to use it to print a set of cards, more out of curiosity than anything else.

I scaled my images to 780x1080, as recommended on their site, but in the creator there is a "bleed area" - I get that this should be a border that may or may not get chopped a bit, but the site doesn't give any indication exactly how large this is (that I can find at least) other than visually - no specific size in inches or pixels. For those of you who've used it before, how wide do you normally make your bleed area border in your card images?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got finished sorting out an issue with their designer. According to them, the cards should be 2.75" x 3.75" allowing 1/8" all around to be trimmed off and another 1/8" from the edge of the trimmed card to the information on the card. This is true even if you have an 1/8" white border on your images. They will still be enlarged and cut off at the edges.

When you drag the images onto the cards, you may still have to go into the layout panel of each card and reset it to get the image to fit correctly. If it still doesn't look right, you can zoom in or out until it does. What you see in the designer and preview will be fairly close to what you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.