Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another rule-question from me:

When mortar-attacking a hex containing more than one vehicle (since two is the limit, let's say two, shall we?), is the To-Hit dice-roll (and the following Elimination-Roll) made for each vehicle separately? Common sense says "yes", but 12.67 in the rules isn't clear about that.

Edit:
Ah, forget it... when AT-attacking you have to pick a unit to attack. Didn't catch that. Can't I just delete this topic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
z hm
China
flag msg tools
no,I don't shink so.I think I should roll in a hit versus every vehicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
z hm is correct; you should roll for each vehicle. I'll add a short clarification.

Good grief... it's amazing, after all this time, that even a simple set of rules will sometimes require changes or clarifications. That's another reason games, and particularly wargames (IMHO), should remain simple!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my question was stupid, since I haven't read the later AT-attack paragraphs, which answered it.

Since 16.1 says: AT fire affects a single target unit.

... and 16.3 says: The attacking player declares which unit is conducting an AT attack, and the target unit of the attack.

... I think it's clear that two vehicles - even when on the same hex - require two AT-attacks... right? Of course, the mortar-paragraph comes before that, so I guess it could be added to the mortar-rules as well, just to avoid confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AnglePark wrote:
That's another reason games, and particularly wargames (IMHO), should remain simple!

HERE HERE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Laserschwert wrote:
Yeah, my question was stupid, since I haven't read the later AT-attack paragraphs, which answered it.

Since 16.1 says: AT fire affects a single target unit.

... and 16.3 says: The attacking player declares which unit is conducting an AT attack, and the target unit of the attack.

... I think it's clear that two vehicles - even when on the same hex - require two AT-attacks... right? Of course, the mortar-paragraph comes before that, so I guess it could be added to the mortar-rules as well, just to avoid confusion.

For a mortar attack you're not choosing a single target, which is the case in an AT (direct fire versus a single target) attack. It's a "barrage" that may affect all units in the target hex (like an artillery barrage).

If there's a mix of infantry and vehicles, conduct the mortar attack versus the infantry using its APFP rating, then roll to see if it is effective versus the vehicles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I see... so my question wasn't so stupid after all :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not at all.

I consider all questions good ones, because there may be others asking themselves the same thing.

Unless you're asking when I'll be adding zombies and werewolves to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmmmmmh...

... about those werewolves... uhm... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, there will be no werewolves or zombies in V&V. There may be little green men from Mars, though, since we all know they crash landed in New Mexico shortly after WWII...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww, too late:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.