Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good lad!

Edit: Doubly pleased to see the entry limit abolished as well. Hopefully more entries without any obvious weakening in quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! I feared the London Maths Trade might have done for your Maths trading addition this month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
Yay! I feared the London Maths Trade might have done for your Maths trading addition this month!

There's more than London in the UK... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
Rai # 5 by Valiant Comics
badge
Jim Shooter is a comics legend!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishlist started:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/51751/feb-2010-uk-math...

Thanks again Daniel - you rock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darren williams
Wales
maesteg
bridgend
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's certainly some quality there and some dross too! Hey there's no harm in trying, I didn't even bother adding my own Lord of the Rings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric
United Kingdom
Hove
Brighton and Hove
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy: And the cost of postage if it does. The main reason I'm not entering this trade is the fact I can't justify the cost of posting fairly heavy stuff around the country right now. As much as I got lucky on the last trade and ended up trading with two people within cycling distance, I'm not betting on that again.

Yes, I'm really that skint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darren williams
Wales
maesteg
bridgend
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indygnome wrote:
jethro wrote:
There's certainly some quality there and some dross too! Hey there's no harm in trying, I didn't even bother adding my own Lord of the Rings!

Your right, but what exactly counts as dross is going to vary from person to person.

I'll give you an example.. I cannot stand Settlers of Catan, nothing about it is enjoyable to me, but others will love it. The rating on the geek have it that high for a reason, and that just shows its all about opinion. There is always someone out there that will trade for things you expect not to. I seem to remember a couple of copies of Lord of the Rings trading in October, much to lots of peoples surprise.

I am surprised more people don't list really odd things on the off chance they will trade, given that it costs nothing to enter the item but a bit of time.

I will get shot of Lord of the Rings one day but I've put more in this trade than ever before (5) so that postage will do for now as long as they all go. I agree my dross will not be someone elses as I have played a couple of the top rated ones that have just passed me by and I expect Small World will be added to my next trade too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jethro wrote:
Indygnome wrote:

I am surprised more people don't list really odd things on the off chance they will trade, given that it costs nothing to enter the item but a bit of time.

I will get shot of Lord of the Rings one day but I've put more in this trade than ever before (5) so that postage will do for now as long as they all go. I agree my dross will not be someone elses as I have played a couple of the top rated ones that have just passed me by and I expect Small World will be added to my next trade too.

I have indeed taken the approach of throw the kitchen sink in and hope. If many/most of my items trade I will be pleasantly surprised and yes, the postage will be horrible, but I will be receiving a lot of goodies that I actually do want. In fact a lot won't trade simply because what I am seeking will be limited, hence 50% would be my best result.

I agree with other comments here. I have mixed my offerings up a bit (amazing what you can find in your loft) with the hope of getting matches with different traders and games. The large number of cash offers fit in nicely as well.

I think that in UK Trades we need bigger numbers of offerings. With the massive US Trades then quality might be rather more important, but here I think we just need options when we are only looking at c. 300 entries.

Fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Collingham
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see the submit button either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Andrews
United Kingdom
Croydon
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank god it's not just me having that problem.

Hope this can be sorted; off to Denmark tomorrow with no way of submitting otherwise...

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if it helps,but the help file says the following:

Quote:
Where is the green "Submit Your Lists Here" tab in step 4?

That tab will only show up after the math trade organizer disabled new items being added to the geeklist, done a final resync of the OLWLG to the geeklist, and then genereated (and loaded) the official summary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And off they went...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys - totally missed the questions on item 43 The Boardgamer Magazines of mine. And I also missed putting in the altname reference.
Obviously too many entries addled the brain!

To answer the question about magazine content (picking one at random):
- A lot on AREA ratings including ladders, code of conduct etc.
- A thesis on 1776
- A better way of playing Candidate
- War at Sea series replay
- Avaloncon Hall of Fame.

Generally a mixed bag, some very interesting, with other stuff a bit limited (AREA etc.). This early issue was 32 pages, of which 8 were related to ARA info. I think the magazines got larger later on in production. I've just checked - 40 pages in the last one. Also includes variant counters and additional scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested in trading, you might want to think about off-Maths Trade trading as well. It is really quite simple. All you have to do is go through your collection and tick "For Trade" on the games you'd consider trading. And "Want in Trade" (as well/instead of Wish List) for the games that you want. Doing this also facilitates the Maths trades as well because it is easy to then use Trade Manager.

Then sit back and watch the trade offers roll in. Or go to Bazaar / Trades / Custom Search

Then select the countries you want to search, I'd suggest United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales as a minimum. Maybe Isle of Man (not sure how many gamers there), Ireland. Also might want to add some European countries - Germany & Portugal have a lot of traders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Andrews
United Kingdom
Croydon
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for sorting this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
For those interested in trading, you might want to think about off-Maths Trade trading as well. It is really quite simple. All you have to do is go through your collection and tick "For Trade" on the games you'd consider trading. And "Want in Trade" (as well/instead of Wish List) for the games that you want. Doing this also facilitates the Maths trades as well because it is easy to then use Trade Manager.

Then sit back and watch the trade offers roll in. Or go to Bazaar / Trades / Custom Search

Then select the countries you want to search, I'd suggest United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales as a minimum. Maybe Isle of Man (not sure how many gamers there), Ireland. Also might want to add some European countries - Germany & Portugal have a lot of traders.

Ahh, old time trading

Certainly has worked for me in the past - trick is to be realistic with a trade offer, don't offer up something you can buy on the marketplace new for £10 for that out of print game that goes for £75 on ebay ... chances are the person will know what they have and either ignore you or say 'no', keep doing it and it gets irritating quick! On the other hand offer something reasonable, if it isn't what they are after you might get a counter offer coming back to you.

I suggest a geekmail rather than a trade offer though - some people use the trade function for things other than trading. In my experience geekmail first gives a much higher success rate.

Certainly open to offers on all the stuff I have 'to trade'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't add a reply to a question about the edition of my copy of Blackbeard as the Geeklist was closed. You can find the item [listitem=1200600]here[/listitem].

It's the first edition. Apparently the borders of the sea areas in the second edition map were made a bit clearer. Why they had to I don't know as they seem pretty clear to me. They also included the most up to date rulebook. I've included (A4 and A5 colour) print outs of the living rules together with some updated charts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On that matter, if there are people that know they will not trade some of the items , (due to not seing anything useful for trade, receiving offers on the side, etc.) I think it would be useful to let us know.

(There seems to be a growing trend for people to list their items in several trades at the same time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not a single trade...

when can we see who wanted our items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm very confused!

I can see on the summary who wanted the things I was listing.
But... I can't see where the things I put on my wants-list are, or what actually traded. Where should I look for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what actually traded, see this link for a slightly easier to read summary by user of the items traded + a list of games not traded --> http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

For yours (and other ppl's) want lists, go to the geeklist and search for the phrase "WANT LIST SUMMARY".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mimi2 wrote:
For what actually traded, see this link for a slightly easier to read summary by user of the items traded + a list of games not traded --> http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

For yours (and other ppl's) want lists, go to the geeklist and search for the phrase "WANT LIST SUMMARY".

And it's because it's not showing up that I'm puzzled!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Lima
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well , thanks, that clears my question, nobody wanted my items... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Milford Haven
Pembrokeshire
flag msg tools
Rai # 5 by Valiant Comics
badge
Jim Shooter is a comics legend!
mbmbmbmbmb
I REALLY hope these results stand because they're awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Butter Lemon wrote:
Indygnome wrote:
Is there any way for me to tell if my items are on anyone elses wanted lists ? Its my first time using OWLG and was curious if I could get some idea if they are likely to trade. (Have had outside offers and want to give somebody a guide)

You will be able to see this information after the trade results have been produced and uploaded into olwlg.

fyi... you need to upload the official WANTS (what was input into trademax) into the OLWLG to have the "most wanted/unwanted" and "who wanted mine" tools to be available for this MT. I'll geekmail you the link to the upload tool...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.