yoan bouillon
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I found agricolat at 55$ in a store in mtl 30%off....so since its really hard to find in french ..im thinking about it....but im afraid it will be to hard for my fiancé to understand....

we play puerto rico in english and its ok but there not a lot of writing on the board and card...help me ..i never play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"Today is the yesterday you won't be able to remember tomorrow" -Pinkwater
mbmbmbmbmb
The Family game version is not hard - very few cards, which you can create a cheat-sheet for. But the full version has a lot of text on the cards - and too many cards to make cheat sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romian Tuesta-Vilca
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I have the same problem you do. I play a lot of games with my 11 years old sister who doesn't speak much English. This is one of the games I find she can adapt the easiest to. Why? Because the really language-dependent part of the game is the cards. However, these are pretty simple and easy to understand, as they contain basic verbs and some farming terminology which you will find easy to explain. Or you just can ignore them.

Good luck!

Edit: No that you are not already lucky enough for having a girlfriend who would play games with you

Happy gaming,

Romian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hi, since you are a new user: If you use the "SEARCH Games" box at the top of the page to find Agricola, there you can see a poll of how language dependent Agricola players find the game:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31260/agricola

(The consensus seems to be "Extensive use of text - massive conversion needed to be playable". But in the files section are various translations and player aids in various other languages.)

And there are forums for the game, the best place to find info and ask questions about the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Agricola game General Forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin fraser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can always try the French version of the game!

http://www.imaginaire.com/indexv2.jsp?url=/lib/panier/affpro...

They sell it as well in Montreal in French.

Bonne journee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.