Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got to say that Pat really enjoys Ticket to Ride: Europe. Unfortunately for me, he's also been playing it really well recently. For this game, Pat played black and I played green. Both of us went on great expeditions across the board, but Pat showed that having the patience to gain the 8-long tunnel from Stockholm-Riga could give him a commanding lead in train points by the end of the game. Certainly he needed to use a pair of stations to get where he wanted to go, but my more spider-like track ceded the longest-track bonus to him.

Not that he needed it! I thought I was sitting pretty on my six tickets - enough to pass by his inflated score - but Pat's five tickets were worth about the same as my five. That was by far enough, and so Pat ended up the winner of this game: 145-119.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Meyer
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
When my wife and I play TTRE (with the 1912 expansion) I added the spare trains and a couple of my copy of Union Pacific so our starting train total is 50 instead of 44. Gives us a little more manuevering room (I take the spares out with 3 or more players).
We also found that the warehouse option is a bit unbalanced...so instead of penalizing the player who gives up another depot token, we charge the player who takes the extra cards from a warehouse 1 point for every 2 cards in the WH, rounding down if there are an odd number of cards (players cannot count the pile before deciding to take the cards)...this feels a lot fairer than original rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.