Popular Tags: [View All]
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If one tile has a wall, and adjacent to that is a wall + slit from another dungeon tile. is the double wall considered to be a just a solid wall, or a wall with a slit? IE can a Naga go through a slit if that slit wall is adjacent to a non-slit wall.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Daezee wrote:
If one tile has a wall, and adjacent to that is a wall + slit from another dungeon tile. is the double wall considered to be a just a solid wall, or a wall with a slit? IE can a Naga go through a slit if that slit wall is adjacent to a non-slit wall.

Thanks in advance.

No. For a Naga to pass through a slit, it has to be a slit all the way through - think of his ability as working from the center of one square to the center of the next square - is there a slit all the way through one center to the next? If not, then the Naga cannot pass through.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Smith
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
well what if the slit leads into a tile with no wall or slit...im assuming he could pass through that though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
If two walls separate rooms, the Naga only can cross them if both contain a slit.
Imagine the case where there only is one wall, but no slit : the Naga could not cross it. Adding a wall with slit "layer" doesn't change the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssmith013 wrote:
well what if the slit leads into a tile with no wall or slit...im assuming he could pass through that though.

When I say "Next To" in the following lines, I mean "running parallel and touching on the edges of the rooms" - If I need to, I can scan some images to illustrate some of these examples. Note that some of these terrain types may not currently appear along the edges of rooms - I filled them in for completeness only.

One wall with slit next to an "empty" wall slot? Naga can pass through it.

Wall with slit next to a normal wall? Naga cannot pass.

Wall with slit next to a closed portcullis? The Naga cannot pass.

Wall with slit next to an open portcullis? Naga can pass.

Wall with slit next to a broken portcullis? Naga can pass.

Wall with slit next to wall with slit? Naga can pass.

Wall with slit next to a secret passage? Naga cannot pass (unless he is carrying the Amulet of Elvish Vision)

Wall with slit next to an ice slope? Depends on the direction of the slope.

Wall with slit next to web? Naga cannot pass.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul stones
msg tools
And what about Pit and slit or slit and pit?

Can he move and jump with two actions landing opposite side of the pit? Or can he jump over the pit through a slit hole?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jubuss wrote:
And what about Pit and slit or slit and pit?

Can he move and jump with two actions landing opposite side of the pit? Or can he jump over the pit through a slit hole?

If he has a rope, he can pass through a slit onto a trap. Otherwise, he can't - remember that you need to end one action before starting the next.

So if a Naga somehow passed through a slit into a trap, he'd die before he could take another action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul stones
msg tools
Thanks Eric but what about the other way around if he jumped over a pit directly through a slit and then continue to land onto a normal square?

Allowed or not allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jubuss wrote:
Thanks Eric but what about the other way around if he jumped over a pit directly through a slit and then continue to land onto a normal square?

Allowed or not allowed?

His ability specifically functions during Movement.

Jump and Movement are two different actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul stones
msg tools
Thanks for your fast replies Eric. Can you please answer my questions from the below forum. Can't find these answers anywhere and they seem to be quite good questions.

Much appreciated thanks mate here's the link
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15996536#15996536

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.