Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slight explanation beforehand: I read panzer-attack's session reports for a Pendragon chronicle he's running. On the night I started this chain, between this particular report and his own profile, I had inspiration for the first sentence....

Soundtrack for this Chain here:

EPYC 15, Chain H

swmabie started with the opening line of that classic monologue:
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit.

remus went for the group photo instead of the flashback shot:

Urza47 recognized one of them, at least:
Mr. T and three other men discuss the possibility of starting a wrestling organization.

tickmanfan left out Templeton Peck (maybe he couldn't decide which to draw?):

Emile has experience with other sorts of pros, apparently:
With Dirk Benedict sulking in his trailer and holding up production - AGAIN - the rest of the A-Team cast dream of the more stable and lucrative world of professional team fence-building in the glamorous Woodworkers and Wirestringers Association.

puckhead does a very literal translation of that:

Reish Galuta introduces the next two elements to take off:
While Faceman was serving his 8th day in the makeshift trailer prision for the crime of cutting off the arms from the rest of the team, Hannibal considered what the A-Team's chances of winning the protest-sign-relay-hurdle race would have been had they still had arms.

yohanleafheart hits the curve-ball for a solid homer:

AnakinOU tells it like it is:
Locked away in his mobile-home jail, with a smiley face in a neighboring cell, Hannibal Lector could only fantasize about stopping the A-Team.

SybotCB apparently is too young to have seen '80s TV shows, but at least he's watched good movies:

& baditude brings us back to where we started, with someone on the inside dreaming of getting out:
In the prison train, Mr. Happy could only smile while Mr. A obsessed over ways to stop the pick and roll.

Much thanks to Jim Patching for the muse, and everyone who participated for the great laughs along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These drawings are great... I only wish there was a way to thumb the interpretive sentences individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ooooh....The "A-TEAM"!! How'd I miss that! great work everyone!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Surry Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
and crikey!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Woodworkers and Wirestringers Association" laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroZilla wrote:
These drawings are great... I only wish there was a way to thumb the interpretive sentences individually.

I do too. I got to thinking about it, and decided to split the "session report" earnings (those that I got from the Geekmodders) between everyone; seems like the fairest thing to do. I went back and did the same for 14G as well. It wasn't much - 2.31 for this one, 2.3 for the other, for an average of .21 a person - but they deserve it (more than I do, at any rate).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baditude wrote:
ooooh....The "A-TEAM"!! How'd I miss that! great work everyone!!

I love how it went from "The A-Team" (implied) to just "Mr. T", then back to "The A-Team".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone else notice that both of Faceman's cells have exactly 8 tally marks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a short-lived meme. puckhead put it on there (as Emile was no more descriptive than "again"), Reish picked up on it, and Sol squeezed it in there. After that it was lost to the wayside.

I personally loved how the wrestling ring became a fence, then picket signs, and then simply "stopping" first the A-Team and then the Pick & Roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that would have been fine. Maybe even better...

I like to use lines that can be done multiple ways. I'd much rather a line get hijacked early and go off to parts unknown (a la 14-J) than stay in the same neighborhood (a la 10-B). Not that there's anything wrong with those other sorts of chains; the Cookie Monster/Potato Head chain was classic, as was Hottubbing Snowman (the aforementioned 10-B). But I get more enjoyment derailing something, or having it derailed by someone else, than anything else. I call that the "epyc moment." In this chain, there were several small "epyc moments" - fence-building? Hannibal Lector? - but nothing huge. But, again, nothing wrong with that. It apparently worked for this chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swmabie wrote:
Oh, that would have been fine. Maybe even better...

I like to use lines that can be done multiple ways. I'd much rather a line get hijacked early and go off to parts unknown (a la 14-J) than stay in the same neighborhood (a la 10-B). Not that there's anything wrong with those other sorts of chains; the Cookie Monster/Potato Head chain was classic, as was Hottubbing Snowman (the aforementioned 10-B). But I get more enjoyment derailing something, or having it derailed by someone else, than anything else. I call that the "epyc moment." In this chain, there were several small "epyc moments" - fence-building? Hannibal Lector? - but nothing huge. But, again, nothing wrong with that. It apparently worked for this chain.

Can we not discuss 14J shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my best montage so far. Hannibal Lecter and The A-Team? WOW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroZilla wrote:

Why not make a new post for each sentence/picture? Same thing to follow as stringing them after each other in the same post, really...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
ZeroZilla wrote:

Why not make a new post for each sentence/picture? Same thing to follow as stringing them after each other in the same post, really...

Because the one doing the posting isn't the one who wrote the sentence. Basically, you'd be giving me thumbs because you liked so&so's sentence.

If there were some way to transfer thumbs, sure; and I could always give them whatever GG their sentence "earned." (I already gave them a share of the session report GG.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.