Popular Tags: [View All]
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know people have suggested adding a game's highest and lowest position, with accompanying dates, to individual game pages. I'd also be interested in displaying a 12-month trend. How many ranks has the game gained or lost in the last year? If I'm looking at a game and I see that it's +1700, I know it's a new hit, both popular and unproven. If I see that a game is in the top 50 with a -1 trend, I know it's holding its own alongside new releases. If the same game is trending at -12, I may be more cautious, and assume the hype-honeymoon is over.

There are currently games in the top 100 with rock solid trends ranked right alongside games that slip and slide. I know one from the other because I've been on BGG for a while and I geek out about the rankings from time to time. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could access that information at a glance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked for the same thing in a far more complicated way a while back -> Ratings "beta" as part of game information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good idea, but I think 12 months might be too long a time scale to be useful for newer releases. Monthly changes are probably about right in my opinion. Or there could be both.

Some red and green arrows up/down arrows would be nice - like they have for share prices - e.g.: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/home/homepage.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be fine with 3, 6, and 12 month trends. Also, potentially with 24, 36, and 48 month trends but only stretching back to the last major rankings overhaul in 2006, since going beyond that means you're comparing trends across substantially different systems. I think single-month trends do not contain much information except for a handful of titles from November-February each year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.