Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick review.

I bought some FFG "american standard size" (green package) sleeves with the intent of using them with my old Avalon Hill games. I was very excited when I found out FFG was producing these. I have been looking for this size sleeve for a long time. The measurements seemed to be right. Alas, they are tight. Very tight. Cause the cards to bend tight. It's a shame. I tried them with Hannibal and Blackbeard.

On the flip side, I tested them with Fortress America and they fit perfectly.

I didn't test them with any FFG games.

The sleeve quality is decent. They aren't crystal clear and have some machining marks. You really only notice this if you hold them up and look through them. Once they are on the cards, they look fine. They do have some curling on the corners.

In short, these ain't no Ultra Pro Deck Protectors, which I still consider the best standard size sleeves (except for that damn hologram). These are the quality level of cheaper sleeves. Very similar in quality to Max Protection sleeves, if you have ever used those.

The search continues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the standard european sleeves would fit perfectly for the width, but they will be 4mm too long.

So close, FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Pielhau
Germany
Luedenscheid
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cutting the sleeves is not an option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cutting hundreds of sleeves is something I would rather let FFG pay the Chinese factory workers to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.