15 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Need some help Identifying counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not currently have a way to get a picture uploaded so I will provide as much information as a I can and hope some game components savant out there can help me out!

This unpunched countersheet came out of a Traveller Snapshot box. They do not belong to this game (at least this version)

Anyway, the sheet has 126 counters. 116 of them are various people and aliens that are colored; Ivory, Dark Brown, Dark Green, Grey, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Blue/Green, Yellow, Light Brown, Light Green, Red and Orange.

There are also 10 white counters that I assume represent different ships/structures.

Any chance this rings a bell with someone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like Revolt on Antares:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just turned this:

Ogsponge wrote:
Anyway, the sheet has 126 counters. 116 of them are various people and aliens that are colored; Ivory, Dark Brown, Dark Green, Grey, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Blue/Green, Yellow, Light Brown, Light Green, Red and Orange.

There are also 10 white counters that I assume represent different ships/structures.

into this:

MikeWhit wrote:

I'm declaring you supreme champion. I owned this game at one point, and there's no way in the world I would have figured this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I still own it. I think I paid $2.50 for it brand new when I was a teenager many moons ago. Haven't played it since around that time.

My guess here is probably wrong, as the description of the counters doesn't match up perfectly with the image, but it is pretty close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still watching this to see if the original poster responds. If this was nailed from that vague description - I believe we should all seriously consider a "I can decipher vague clues" microbadge for Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mattlokk
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon guys... he is a Green Bay Packers fan. That was probably the best description he could come up with (how about just a few counter names?).

Disgruntled Minnesota Vikings Fan,
Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
If you just turned this:

Ogsponge wrote:

into this:

MikeWhit wrote:

I'm declaring you supreme champion. I owned this game at one point, and there's no way in the world I would have figured this out.

Unfortunately that is not it. Honestly, my description is about the best as it can get without a pic. There are no counter names. They honestly do look a lot like the snapshot counters but they are just not even remotely the right colors according to the couple pics here on BGG.

Oh by the way Disgruntled Minnesota Vikings fan, welcome to the "Brett Favre is awesome but can't get it done when it really counts club."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry that wasn't it, but I was just thinking about this game (Revolt on Antares) from my youth just this afternoon and couldn't remember what it was!!!!!wow

Mike, you're awesome!!! Oh, and get out of my head.

Wanna sell it?whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay white
Canada
Bowen Island
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By your description, I don't think this is exactly it, but maybe it's from another version of the Star Frontiers Roleplaying Game?

http://rpg.geekdo.com/image/541058/star-frontiers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coffee demon wrote:
By your description, I don't think this is exactly it, but maybe it's from another version of the Star Frontiers Roleplaying Game?

http://rpg.geekdo.com/image/541058/star-frontiers

Thanks for trying Jay but those are not it. These counters are as bland as can be there are no name, no symbols or functions of any kind on them other than to have 1 number on them. The ship type counters are numbered 1-10. Basically all the counters are numbered 1-through how many of a particular color there is.

I can probably get a picture taken and put on my computer. What would be the easiest way to make the picture accesible to BGG users?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Henry
United States
Basking Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogsponge wrote:

I can probably get a picture taken and put on my computer. What would be the easiest way to make the picture accesible to BGG users?

A picture's worth a thousand posts
Otherwise we're playing a version of Charades

Upload it to your personal gallery and then copy the link here and let us know to go look.
( Go to My Geek tab > then Profile > then Gallery )

If the counters were produced around the same timeframe as Snapshot, then there were a number of small companies it might have been.
The larger companies usually put their name and game name on the counter sheets to facilitate game assembly. Presumably, there is no text on the border of your counter sheet. Is there a copyright date?

In the meantime:

- Are the counters particularly thick or thin?

- What is the layout on the sheet?
(7 columns by 18 rows would be 126...)

- Is there an even number of each of the other colors, or varies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mattlokk
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogsponge wrote:
Oh by the way Disgruntled Minnesota Vikings fan, welcome to the "Brett Favre is awesome but can't get it done when it really counts club."

I knew that going into the season. He is a hall-of-fame quarterback, but when he feels desperate, he makes crazy, rookie mistakes. I am still glad he was a Viking in 2009-2010 and I hope he comes back next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doombellow wrote:
Ogsponge wrote:

I knew that going into the season. He is a hall-of-fame quarterback, but when he feels desperate, he makes crazy, rookie mistakes. I am still glad he was a Viking in 2009-2010 and I hope he comes back next year.

Don't tell any of my Packer friends but I was heart and soul rooting for the Viqueens....er I mean Kings!

I believe both Brett and the Packers organization handled the divorce as bad as could possibly done and I just did not want to see him go out the way he did.

I won't even speculate as to whether he will be back, basically until training camp starts, there is no way to know what he is thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How are the 126 counters arranged on the sheet? That could be a great clue, as different publishers had different ways of printing them. Odd number, are we talking 14 rows of 9, or 7 rows of 18, or what?

[edit] More questions:

Matte finish or glossy?
White on back?
Are they all uniform size? 1/2 inch or 5/8?
Does it say anything on the sprues, or just on the counters?
Do the units have numbers? How many, arranged how?
You say humans and aliens. Are they line drawings?
If they are drawings, Are there any vehicles, or is it individual creatures, or groups of creatures? Full figures or just head shots? Any weapon counters?

If you thoroughly describe them, somebody will recognize the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
[edit] More questions:

Matte finish or glossy?
White on back?
Are they all uniform size? 1/2 inch or 5/8?
Does it say anything on the sprues, or just on the counters?
Do the units have numbers? How many, arranged how?
You say humans and aliens. Are they line drawings?
If they are drawings, Are there any vehicles, or is it individual creatures, or groups of creatures? Full figures or just head shots? Any weapon counters?

If you thoroughly describe them, somebody will recognize the game.

* I like Matte finish
* Like color
* I like 5/8" but don't mind some other sizes mixed in
* I like numbers
* Line drawings over pictures
* I like vehicles but NATO symbols for the rest
* I like full figures and head for leaders
* I like weapons.

This would make a good poll for what you like in wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.