Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott aka SuperRadScott aka
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So after playing about 10 sessions of Pandemic, and getting destroyed every time, I finally realized:

I don't have to have the card of the city that I'm in to treat a disease, I can just treat one cube per action, no cards needed!

No wonder it was impossible to beat the game. Suddenly the game got easier. Not easy, mind you, but easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my! You've really tortured your Pandemic pawns! Imagine what must've gone through their minds. Just imagine. Glad to hear its okay now
I assume you've read the rules again from cover to cover. At least that's what I do each time I've played something wrong* ([sarcasm]Thank goodness I know Arkham Horror and its expansions by heart[/sarcasm]), just to double check.

EDIT-- (*clarification: when I've played something wrong and thought I was playing right. I do many times check on rules, however)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, you must have thought this game is horrible when played that way. Glad you finally realized something is wrong and can now play the game with more enjoyment rather than pain. hehe...

We are still trying to get better at the game, and increase our win rate at normal level. We have finally won 2 normal level games recently, which is somewhat of an achievement. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized that you could receive a card for 1 action as long as you are in that card's city and the other player is there too. I always thought that players could only give cards. That's a big dynamic for our games (since turn-order was always causing us issues).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I just realized that you could receive a card for 1 action as long as you are in that card's city and the other player is there too. I always thought that players could only give cards. That's a big dynamic for our games (since turn-order was always causing us issues).

-shnar

WOW I didn't know that. Guess it is time to reread the rules again.

Best of luck all,
Darrell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that definitely changes things for us. I think we were confused because of the wording of the Researcher was making us think you always had to give cards, rather than take...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Yeah, that definitely changes things for us. I think we were confused because of the wording of the Researcher was making us think you always had to give cards, rather than take...

-shnar

Wow, that is huge. I always felt the card passing mechanic to be a virtual write-off because of the difficulty and actions involved, but this defnitely helps a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.