William Warren
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When reading the rules, the following is stated for the Wasteland Terrain that is radioactive:

Each unit in a Radioactive Wasteland hex automatically receives one wound in each Battle, in the Initiative 0 segment.

So I am mainly wondering does the HQ or any modules get damaged from the radiation? I only ask this because this question came up during a game and I would assume because a HQ and module are not units, the radiation does not hurt them (and that's how we played it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All tiles are either Board Tiles or Action Tiles. All Board Tiles are either Units or Foundation Tiles. HQs and modules count as units, then, so they should be affected by the Radioactive feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Warren
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the main confusion comes from the original Neuroshima Hex! rules. For the description of board tiles:

Board tiles, as opposed to Instant Action tiles, are ones that can be placed on the game board. There are 3 types of Board Tiles: Headquarters, Units, and Modules.

So that is the part I am confused about; by this definition HQ and modules are separate from units. I have been playing the HQs as units anyway because that is what I have seen done on the forum, but after looking at radiation, I'm really questioning this issue more.

Essentially what I would like is a clarification and where in the rules it describes:

Quote:
HQs and modules count as units

because that is what I am really not finding at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HQs are generally immune to damage from bombs, grenades, snipers and terrains. All other board tiles (including units AND modules) are damaged by terrains, bombs, whatever else, normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.