Subject: 4-5 PLAYER: Two questions about the pickup of wares and orders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim Fjeld
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still we run into rule problems when playing Strada Romana. This time it concerns the pickup of wares and orders in a 4-5 player scenario.

1. Simoultaneous or independent pickup

First of all we were confused about whether we must simoultaneous pick up both the ware and the order, or if we can choose the pick up order ourselves. Thus in the latter case it's actually possible to gain a coin extra if one chooses to pick up a ware and a order of the same colour, and then choose to pick up the order first, scoring coins (including a coin for the untaken ware) and then picking up the ware. A natural follow up must be if the coin collection can happen whenever, or if it executed after move and pick up sequences are completed?

2. Active wagons and pick up

Can all moved wagons currently moved by a player in his turn be used to pick up wares and orders, or is it only the last active wagon which can be used for this purpose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
La Grosse Boite
France
La Rochelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Kim,

The way i see it:

1. The rule specify "Cube and/or Tile", so i interprete it as simoultaneously, so you only get as many coins as there are cube BEFORE you take anything.

2.The rule do not specify that it must be the last wagon moved it could be any one. However for simplicity, i usually ask me fellow players to take the cubes and tiles based on the last wagon moved... but that's me

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Obert
Italy
Piossasco-Turin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Tiles and cubes can be taken only at the end of the movement of a wagon (nor necessarly of the last wagon). I can make a move of one step with a wagon and pick a tile, gaining one coin for each cube of that colour in play.
And then make a two step move with another wagon, and pick the cube from the market at the second step of that wagon.

2. If a wagon pick a cube, it can't take a tile, and viceversa. (I know, it's not too clear from the rules)

I hope this can help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.