Axis & Allies Pacific 1940» Forums » Strategy

Subject: ANZAC industrial complex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rus kosits
United States
California
flag msg tools
with the separation of the port/airbase and industrial complex in Australia, there tends to be a 1 turn advance warning in what the anzac player might do - turn 1 but it in the south, turn 2, move it one space north, turn 3, use it with the +1 move bonus. this takes the suprise and sting out of what little the anzac player can already do.

does it make sense then to buy a second IC for Queensland ? has anyone tried this, or is the game already over as soon as ANZAC has the 12 extra IPC's to spend on such a silly plan ?

this assumes the IC in Sydney is a minor one, and that there is no factory in New Zealand . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric V
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'd only do it if you really need to produce more then three units a turn. otherwise it seems like it would provide an opportunity to Japan. From the Phillipines they could strike Queensland and could potential catch you with your troops out of place to immediately take back the factory. Then you'll have Japan producing units down under. We're much more prone to just build a port in Sydney. This allows any new Aussie naval build to hit Java in one round (lately in our games there has been some pretty fierce fighting there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Larson
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think ANZAC can waste the 12 on another IPC. Most of the time they are buying 1 Sub/DD and a few infantry/tank.

The US needs to come and "save" the ANZAC fleet to add to their own fleet. Sometime during the game, the ANZAC subs break off and hit those convoys giving the Jap player too many targets for their DD's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
If the bases had been in NSW, the effective range would have been limited.

If the IC had been in QL, it would have been too vulnerable. Placing bases in two adjacent territories of the same power would have been wierd. I think thats why it is set up as it is.

It's a shame that the fighters in QL can't cover the ANZAC fleet off the Gold Coast, and NZ is too much out of position to make use if it's island status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.