Dominion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scout + Harem? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Secan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Just picked up intrigue and came across this combination. In the game rules (for scout) it specifies that Action-Victory cards are Victory cards, but does not specifically mention Treasure-Victory cards. One of the players thought that since the scout rules specifically mentioned Action-Victory but not Treasure-Victory it should not include Treasure-Victory. I tried searching on the forum for this but came up empty.

Do Treasure-Victory cards qualify as victory cards for the scout? Do Harems found with the scout go into your hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Harvent
Belgium
Mons
Hainaut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course yes. Harem is a victory card in any case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
socrates999 wrote:
Just picked up intrigue and came across this combination. In the game rules (for scout) it specifies that Action-Victory cards are Victory cards, but does not specifically mention Treasure-Victory cards. One of the players thought that since the scout rules specifically mentioned Action-Victory but not Treasure-Victory it should not include Treasure-Victory. I tried searching on the forum for this but came up empty.

Do Treasure-Victory cards qualify as victory cards for the scout? Do Harems found with the scout go into your hand?

Yes and yes. A card counts as every type listed on the card. See also Tribute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
socrates999 wrote:
In the game rules (for scout) it specifies that Action-Victory cards are Victory cards, but does not specifically mention Treasure-Victory cards.

p.6: "Some cards in this expansion are both Victory cards and another type as well (Great Hall, Harem, Nobles). These cards are both types for all purposes."

It should be clear that "all purposes" includes the purpose of the Scout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Secan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks! That's just what I was looking for.

Although I'm not really sure why they singled out Action-Victory cards in the scout description. Either presume that everyone has seen the other rule (about combo cards counting as both) and don't put the Action-Victory mention in Scout, or enumerate all of the cases. By listing one (and not all) it can create confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Scout!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
socrates999 wrote:
Although I'm not really sure why they singled out Action-Victory cards in the scout description. Either presume that everyone has seen the other rule (about combo cards counting as both) and don't put the Action-Victory mention in Scout, or enumerate all of the cases. By listing one (and not all) it can create confusion.

Agreed; that is unfortunate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.