Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's an addition to the game which is not issued with the game (and is, thus, an extension/expansion, by definition).

Why worry about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
For what it's worth, I'm with you that making these one-off scenarios into their own entries is pretty ridiculous - maybe they could just make one entry for all of the scenarios?

Quote:
Why worry about it?

It just makes things confusing when you're new to the game and you have to sort through half a dozen scenarios and half a dozen more "mini-expansions" just to figure out what the "real" expansions are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that more as a function of wiki-ing the main game's description to be more explicit....

*type*

... Like so.

That more acceptable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For things that only exist in downloadable/digital form, I'm not sure they need their own entry. The only advantage I see is that it makes it more noticeable and more visible to users, so more people will see it and use it.

Promo items and limited edition things I do like having their own entry, as it makes it easier to find them when users have them up for trade, and it also makes it easier to list/find them in math trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure every game designer of a Print & Play just took offense at your determining factors of whether a game deserves an entry in the DB or not....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swmabie wrote:
I'm sure every game designer of a Print & Play just took offense at your determining factors of whether a game deserves an entry in the DB or not....

Hmmm...I didn't realize I said that, but I did. I was referring to print n play expansions to full games, not the print n play games themselves (I think they're great and do deserve their own entries.)

Steph, you're a rabblerouser. You rouse rabble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Hmmm...I didn't realize I said that, but I did. I was referring to print n play expansions to full games, not the print n play games themselves (I think they're great and do deserve their own entries.)
I'd still dispute that - I own a large number of PnP expansions to Avalanche Press games, some of them constituting major changes (like Panzer Grenadier: War on the Equator).

Wulf - proud to be rabble yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.