United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FNH1 wrote:
Dirty Harry wrote:
Duh! Everyday I feel a little more like Homer Simpson!

Thanks! I'll have a few games tonight.

Wierd...but the first thing I thought of when I saw your game was what about a Kamikaze version? gulp

Here's a resource for the possible sequel, any takers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Ommaney_Bay_(CVE-79)

There's something wrong with that link, you need to copy it into the address bar ( and dont forget the last bracket! ). Just clicking the link leaves the last bracket off.

Inspired by the above post I had a quick idea for adding a Kamikaze element to the game. Obviously the ship name and planes would need to be changed to the Japanese/US equivalents but this variant uses the same board and tokens.

Kamikaze Attacks: Once a plane has passed across the grey line roll 1D6. On the result of a 6 the plane is not flipped over to the torpedo side and will continue flying until it hits the ship. Do not roll to shift columns on subsequent turns. If the plane is not shot down (a roll of 5-6) then it scores 2 points of damage.

Notes: Hopefully this variant adds a little bit variety to the attack but it should not become a dominant feature. While the kamikaze planes become a lot easier to knock out than torpedoes, the threat of one getting through and severly damaging the ship should give the player something (else!) to worry about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that rule variant to bang on target! Now all you need is some "Zero" counters and a picture of the "Enterprise".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest a pic of the USS Bismarck Sea, a carrier which was actually hit by a Kamikaze and it had nice familiar sound to it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.