United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this has been covered and I missed it, but:

If, during Special Events, there's an earthquake, and there are Imps in tunnels that must be lost, do you lose the Imps as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure what the official ruling is on this, but my take on it is that since you know the earthquake is coming, if you choose to place your imps in tunnels then you deserve to lose them. It would not be too difficult to just avoid the dig and mining actions for that one round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Well, that brings up something else I missed. I didn't realize you revealed the Special Event card when the Special Event tile turned up.

I'm still curious about the official word, but what you say makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The card doesn't say anything about losing imps. I'd assume that means that they aren't lost. CGE usually does a great job in their rules being explicit about what happens.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imps have the good sense to run like crazy as soon as the earth starts shaking

I agree with Greg - the card doesn't say anything about losing imps, so you don't lose imps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdapkus wrote:
The card doesn't say anything about losing imps. I'd assume that means that they aren't lost. CGE usually does a great job in their rules being explicit about what happens.

Greg

Agreed. There's already an event card, "Desertion", which makes players lose Imps. We don't need another one!
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlaada Chvatil
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The official word is: You do not lose imps during Earthquake. We would write that on the card if we wanted you to lose them To avoid misunderstanding, you also can't serve imps to VIP if you have not enough food, neither to disguise imp as a creature and hand it over to angry witch hunting mob... and basically anything else, unless it is stated explicitly in the rules or on a card...

Of course, if you hate those poor creatures, and Kamikaze Imp and Fist of Justice cards seem not cruel enough to you, make houserules. You can also make players to shoot half of their imps if any gold was stolen during Embezzlement, or execute one Michael Scofield imp for planning escape even if all imps worked during Desertion event. Now, it is your game

3dicebombers wrote:
I am not sure what the official ruling is on this, but my take on it is that since you know the earthquake is coming, if you choose to place your imps in tunnels then you deserve to lose them. It would not be too difficult to just avoid the dig and mining actions for that one round.

That's not completely true, it COULD be difficult to avoid digging and mining on that round. You see the Earthquake event in 2 rounds advance. If playing efficiently, the players usualy do not have too much extra free tunnels, so they have to dig more. However, it can happen you are unable to dig tunnels in the first of these rounds (either your digging order is blocked, or all players want to dig), so you have to dig in the round when Earthquake happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Vlaada! Can't get more official than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.