Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondered who else was getting the hype - we're forecast to get another foot or two in the northeast here, after already seeing more snow than normal for the season. The wife saw on the news that people have pretty much picked the supermarkets clean trying to stock up - which is a bummer, as I am supposed to make a shopping run tonight. (I just know there will be a million panicked people there, packing the isles, screaming 'HOW CAN I SURVIVE A DAY OF SNOW IF I CAN'T GET MY DELICIOUS CUPCAKES' but I digress...) Maybe in retrospect putting off the shopping trip until just before the snow was supposed to hit was poor planning on my part...

So, yeah. Just wondered who else was looking at a snowy Superbowl sunday, and if masses of humanity were also teetering on the edge of panic where you live...

(oh, and for the record - the wife loves snow, and I don't really mind it, though I like it less now that it involves shoveling and increased driving difficulty as opposed to just playing in it... But I'm not complaining here, the snow's welcome if it wants to stop by!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're predicting rain, ice, and snow up to 6 inches here in Columbus but I'd be surprised if we see more than just some rain and slush. If the weathermen around here scream 6 inches, we're gettin' nothing.

Luckily my wife is a compulsive food pack rat so we can outlive everyone on our street. She grew up in a farm family of 9 kids and the basement pantry always had enough to feed a small army. It's hard for her not to have enough to feed two small armies in our basement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big hype here in the DC area. 18-24" expected by midday Saturday, which would be our second 18+" storm this season. Hit the grocery store last night, and it looked like a Wal-Mart on Black Friday. Every register was open(6 self-serve + 10 regular), and the lines stretched halfway to the back of the store. Heard from a woman in line that the Trader Joe's had closed, as they were completely out of bread, Milk, eggs and water. Most of the lcoal schools have already cancelled, or have announced early dismissal. About 2/3 of the office is "working from home".

I've been switching between calling it the Snowpocalypse or Snowmageddon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:
About 2/3 of the office is "working from home".

I've been switching between calling it the Snowpocalypse or Snowmageddon.

Ooooh, snowmageddon - I like that, can I use it too?

I'm in the office trying to finish stuff, but yeah, it's a ghost town here (frustrating, as I need some input from a few absent coworkers to actually be effective here...) Maybe I'll try to head out early to join the crowds at the supermarket.

I wish I would have made it to the store midweek like I originally planned...

Edit: and, yes, I recognize the irony of complaining that I'm not being effective in the office while surfing and posting here on Chit Chat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Jeff, up here in Connecticut they're not sure how the storm is going to track. We could get a dusting (which I hope) or a shitload. This sums up my opinion nicely:

Edit- I just remembered I saw a documentary on the Donner Party 2 nights ago. Just what I friggin' need!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew, looks like we dodge a bullet in my part of town--the forcast calls for 3-8 inches. Rare that DC gets so much and we get so little!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like snowpocalypse and snowmageddon.

Heard at the office:

The White Death is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Yep, we're hosed. Top it off my sister is throwing a birthday party for my niece tonight despite the warnings. That means I get to drive home in it. Yay! \o/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:

I think Mr Brady used the term "snow job".
Of course. looking back I'm not sure how he meant it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiifner
United States
Etna
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:

Heard at the office:

The White Death is coming.

Yep...the new one here...in honor of the trend to spanish namings of el nino and la nina..

"la muerta blanca"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
We're expecting to get 18" to 24" of AWESOME SUNSHINE here in Florida! With temps hovering in the mid '70s. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Is there a thread to complain about lack of snow? We're on a pace to have the second least amount of snow in a hundred years.

Yeah, what's the deal? I live in Colorado and I haven't seen enough snow this year to even cover the grass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
We're getting another winter's spanking here in South Jersey. Up to 18 inched predicted. It's going to ruin all my plans for the weekend. Bleh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HAHA! Boston is not getting hit by that crap anymore! The south is the new north!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
erak wrote:
Phew, looks like we dodge a bullet in my part of town--... Rare that DC gets so much and we get so little!

Umm, what country do you live in again? DC has been getting it all for a while now.

Oh wait, I'm sorry - thought I was in some tame corner of RSP-land.

Carry on

baconbaconbacon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we got hit pretty hard Saturday with over a foot where I live, although the next town over only got maybe 1/2 a foot.

I managed to get my car stuck today in my driveway when coming home from dropping my mom off at work. I just couldn't manage to get it out and now I'm down to mud. At that point, I gave up and unburied my mom's car and will use it to pick her up from work tonight.

We're supposed to get another storm Tuesday. That said, it's not nearly as much snow as we had last year. And nothing compared to the blizzard of '78 when I was a kid where we had snow drifts of over 8 feet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think our final total at the house was in the 1 1/2 to 2 foot range, though it drifted so there are places where it's closer to 3 and places where it's more like 1. Just got the driveway dug out this afternoon so I can get to work tomorrow...

..Yeah, the news is saying the snowfall midweek next week may make this season the most snowfall in history for the region. My wife is thrilled, but the rest of us... maybe not quite so enthusiastic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a hoot - a freaked out weatherman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
This is a hoot - a freaked out weatherman.

This guy actually pissed me off this morining watching his clip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.