Quote:
Completing a Property
You complete a property by filling all of
the squares in a solid color group. After
completing a property, add the house/hotel
die
to the remaining dice the next time you
roll

It doesn't say to roll the house/hotel die for all your remaining rolls during the turn. It indicates that you only get to roll it once.

Quote:
The House/Hotel Die
Roll this die after completing a property,
to try to "buy" houses or a hotel. Do the
following, depending on what you rolled:

Ok, how many times do you get to roll this die? We had interpreted it as only once after getting a complete color group...which means you could never get 4 houses and a hotel...so that was wrong.

Quote:
House: Take a house and keep
it
in front of you. If there are no
houses left to buy, you’re out
of luck!

So, if during your turn you get a complete color and you get to keep rolling the house die each roll during your turn, and there are 4 houses, how can you possibly run out of houses so there would be no houses left to buy?

Also, it never says that you give the houses back unless you role a broken house.

Finally, if you are lucky enought to get 4 houses and earn $4,000 and then get the hotel...do you add the $5,000 for the hotel to the $4,000 for the 4 houses for a total of $9,000 or is the $5,000 the total gained by having 4 houses and a hotel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you complete a color group, you add the house die to the other dice. You roll it (with the other dice) for the rest of your current turn.

No, it does not explicitly say so, but you give back the houses after your turn. They are just placeholders for scoring and to see when you are eligible for a hotel.

Four houses plus a hotel = $9000

(The online version by Hasbro agrees.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. We finally played the game correctly today. It made a lot more sense and was fun. I actually used the "get out of jail" twice...that's the first time...and I got two houses during one turn...again, that's the first time.

I appreciate the clarification. For such a simple game, and simple rules, the ambiguity of how they were written is striking. For all that, it is truly a fun game and everyone that I have played it with has enjoyed it very much. (Even when we played it wrong.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.