Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having support craft (yet) and after reading the rules for them, I have a question that isn't obvious (to me) from the rules.

Does a support craft get 1 action per turn or tier?

Did I miss this somewhere?

Thanks for any clarifications!

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charleston James
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I need to make it more evident, but in the top right corner of page 10 in the rulebook it says "one action" but it does not clarify per turn. Sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a problem. It's the rules lawyer in us . We don't like to have any chance of confusion.

Also, Equip cards, can I have more than one named type card equipped at any time and do they stack? For example, "Long Range Guns" states that "While this card is active this vessel's Range is increased by 1"

If I have two equipped and active does the vessel get a +2 range, or can I only have one "Long Range Guns" equipped?

Thanks,
-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charleston James
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the bottom right corner of page 8 you should see a gray box with bold text stating only one copy of any card title can be equipped to your vessel at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, missed that one! blush

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do all support craft act in the same tier, or can I have some craft act in different tiers?

If I have 3 fighters can each on act in a different tier? The chart at the end of the rulebook seems to show this. Page 10 states "... Declare your Support Craft actions during Action Phase (2) during your move ...".

This seems to be the most logical thing. I'm just trying to clear things up before my support craft arrive (shipped earlier this week)!

Thanks!
- Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charleston James
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Support Craft can act any time during "your move." Since you have multiple tiers, and since your tier is "your move" you can use your Support Craft actions during any tier(s) you choose, as long as they act only once each turn. I tried to give the players as much freedom as possible in this regard. So, you can have 1 SC act in one tier, and any other SC act in any other of YOUR tiers if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what we thought, just wanted to be sure before we started playing with the support craft. I like the flexibility . Doesn't this weaken the value of support craft if you have more than 3 tiers? If you play with six tiers they will act half as often than if you have only three tiers.

- Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charleston James
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, using more than 3 tiers does reduce the effectiveness of Support Craft, which is one of the reasons the rulebook and tutorial state each player has only 3 tiers - balance.

There are cards, such as Enhanced Technology, which provide extra tiers but they have also been balanced to work in game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My confusion was seeing extra tiers I had misunderstood and thought that you could optionally add extra tiers to the game (making your choices further out in advance blush), but I realize that the extra tiers are from either cards or other effects that "add a tier".

Thanks for the clarification!

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.