Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base set and eventually want to some expansions. My question what is the next 2 expansions you guys would recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on which direction you'd like to go:

- Multiplayer: BattleLore: Epic BattleLore allows you to play games with 3-4 players per side.

- Ad-hoc: BattleLore: Call to Arms allows you to play pick-up games with a variety of troops.

- Army Expansions: If you like the fantasy element of BattleLore, you might want to pick up some of the dwarf and goblin sets. I personally prefer medieval, so my preference is BattleLore: The Hundred Years' War – Crossbows & Polearms; unfortunately it hasn't yet been reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Call to arms for sure to maximize the use of your core set. After that its more a matter of taste.

Bigger Battles: Epic
More basic infantry: Hundred Years War
Dwarves: Scottish Wars or Dwarven Batt
Goblins: Maruaders or Skirmishers
Creatures: Dragons or Creatures Expansion
Heroes: Heroes

Taking a general view I would select Hundred Years War. Heroes is a good expansion but is best utilized in a campaign style format.

My 2 cents..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
as everyone else has said, I agree, except for the "creatures" expansion and "heroes"
expansion. Myself, I found them overpriced for what you get. Stay away from them
until you've played all the other expansions 100x each.
Just my opinion,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.