Mike Griswold
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow geeks,

I have had this die forever, and cannot remember for the life of me where I got it!!! Any ideas? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Ok, give me a moment while I wind up my remote mind meld.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Griswold
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Ok, give me a moment while I wind up my remote mind meld.

Heheh my bad, I went to hit preview but hit submit for some reason. Edited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Perhaps one of these:

http://www.dicecollector.com/LOTTERY_ROLL_TO_RICHES_02.jpg

Or maybe one of the other lottery dice on this page:

http://www.dicecollector.com/THE_DICE_THEME_LOTTERY.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Griswold
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, some of those are definitely the same style die as this. This one must come from a specific game though, because I have never purchased any single die outside of your standard RPG fare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
It's a backgammon doubling cube from R'lyeh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, makes me think of a great prank to play on a gamer. Go buy a lot of really obscure dice, and sneak them into their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ober
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davebo wrote:
Wow, makes me think of a great prank to play on a gamer. Go buy a lot of really obscure dice, and sneak them into their games.

A few of us did that a few years ago to Dave, one of The Spiel hosts. We were working at our FLGS, and he had ordered Balloon Cup. We all knew how OCD he was about his games, and that he meticulously counted out all his components. We decided to take one tiny component out of the game, but our manager stopped us, and mentioned it would be even worse to slip an extra component into the game instead. Not knowing anything about the game, we busted the shrinkwrap and slipped in a plain white d4 in a small plastic bag, then reshrunk the game and put it back in the hold area.

For those that don't know balloon cup, one of the central areas is a series of cards with the numbers 1 through 4 on them, if I recall correctly. Dave apparently spent over an hour digging through the rules and forums trying to find out what that damn die was supposed to do, with no luck. No one else had apparently reported the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Neal
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davebo wrote:

Totally AWESOME and HORRIFYING (if it happened to MEEEE) at the same time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Belyakov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
Stop tickling my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
oberjt wrote:
A few of us did that a few years ago to Dave, one of The Spiel hosts. We were working at our FLGS, and he had ordered Balloon Cup. We all knew how OCD he was about his games, and that he meticulously counted out all his components. We decided to take one tiny component out of the game, but our manager stopped us, and mentioned it would be even worse to slip an extra component into the game instead. Not knowing anything about the game, we busted the shrinkwrap and slipped in a plain white d4 in a small plastic bag, then reshrunk the game and put it back in the hold area.

You guys are so bad. I would've gone nuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ober
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belyakoff wrote:
oberjt wrote:

Oh, he did. He was SURE that the die was tied to those cards in some way.... devil

Oh, well. A few years later, I got my payback. I asked my friend Cathy to house sit my cats for a week. While I was gone, she was trying to come up with something evil to do. Apparently, Stephen (Dave's partner in crime) suggested switching all my box lids. So Cathy carefully pulled down all my games and took all the box lids off, and switched all of them for like sized games. This took FOREVER to correct.

Literally, like a year after this, a guy in our group is wanting to play "that game, you know, the one where you're token is a boot, where you use unicorns and dragons to get from place to place." I say "Elfenland." He grabs it off the shelf and looks at the back. "No, this isn't it. It had roads, and you were a boot piece, and you layed tiles on the roads to travel via clouds and mining carts and stuff." "Dude, it's Elfenland. You're holding it. It's the only game I have with boot pieces that rely on unicorns and clouds for transportation." "Hmmm, (staring at back of box) this really doesn't look at all like I remember it."

It suddenly dawned on me, and I snatched the box out of his hand. The back of the box was San Marco.

I still have not had my revenge. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I once tried that with someone's canned goods, the old trick of switching the labels. Well, after a while I asked, and they had indeed opened the cans, but nothing unusual. My mind flashed back to me peeling the labels off and not keeping careful track of what went with what, and being surprised that the labels fit exactly even though the cans were of a slightly different size. Oh well.

oberjt wrote:
belyakoff wrote:
oberjt wrote:

Oh, he did. He was SURE that the die was tied to those cards in some way.... devil

Oh, well. A few years later, I got my payback. I asked my friend Cathy to house sit my cats for a week. While I was gone, she was trying to come up with something evil to do. Apparently, Stephen (Dave's partner in crime) suggested switching all my box lids. So Cathy carefully pulled down all my games and took all the box lids off, and switched all of them for like sized games. This took FOREVER to correct.

Literally, like a year after this, a guy in our group is wanting to play "that game, you know, the one where you're token is a boot, where you use unicorns and dragons to get from place to place." I say "Elfenland." He grabs it off the shelf and looks at the back. "No, this isn't it. It had roads, and you were a boot piece, and you layed tiles on the roads to travel via clouds and mining carts and stuff." "Dude, it's Elfenland. You're holding it. It's the only game I have with boot pieces that rely on unicorns and clouds for transportation." "Hmmm, (staring at back of box) this really doesn't look at all like I remember it."

It suddenly dawned on me, and I snatched the box out of his hand. The back of the box was San Marco.

I still have not had my revenge. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Formula De?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even worse would be to take lid from game A, components from game B and bottom from game C and put all of them together!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to guess that the die is from on of those math games where you use different operations to make a set of numbers add up to another number.

But 7,11,17,18,18,22,31,35 is an odd set of numbers. Why 18 twice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
okiedokie wrote:
Even worse would be to take lid from game A, components from game B and bottom from game C and put all of them together!!

I hope my friends never find this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davebo wrote:

Here are some odd dice I rescued from an broken game I was tossing. They are theoretically normal six-sided dice, but they have different orientations and pip arrangements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Griswold
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BookandGame wrote:
I was going to guess that the die is from on of those math games where you use different operations to make a set of numbers add up to another number.

But 7,11,17,18,18,22,31,35 is an odd set of numbers. Why 18 twice?

I know!! Baffling!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
sroney wrote:
davebo wrote:

Here are some odd dice I rescued from an broken game I was tossing. They are theoretically normal six-sided dice, but they have different orientations and pip arrangements.

What game do they come from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You guys are weird. It's far more fun to simply turn everything upside down in someone's room, including gluing their chairs to the ceiling. Not that I've ever done that of course (well, for a few years, at least)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Griswold
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm assuming that no one can help me then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maaikefest wrote:
Formula De?

That's what I thought too, but the d8 for Formula Dé (and Formula D) is red, and doesn't go above eight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
sroney wrote:
davebo wrote:

They are from Reflex

Hint: You could have found out by clicking on the image - it would take you to the image gallery for that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
sroney wrote:
Celinashope wrote:
sroney wrote:
davebo wrote:

They are from Reflex

Hint: You could have found out by clicking on the image - it would take you to the image gallery for that game.

Ah, everyone's having to do my thinking for me today.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
SEKRIT MESSAGE SSSHHHHHHHHH
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctmetalcore wrote:
So I'm assuming that no one can help me then

I am quite certain it's one of a set of lottery dice. I have a similar set in red with white numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.