BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Custom Pewter Monopoly Game Pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve tartella
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Looking to have a set of custom Monopoly game pieces made out of pewter and wanted to know if any of you have been through this process.

I have been quoted $200 for a mold setup fee per piece which is out of my price range

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That's about the right price range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to pimp your game there are other options. You might be able to find plastic or resin pieces cheaper.

If you have any artistic ability you may want to buy your own materials to form your own molds out of.

There is an issue with Geekdo right which is now not allowing me to search, but you can try searching the forums for custom monopoly pieces already made. I'm sure someone has already created custom pieces for their own games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
k240 wrote:
Looking to have a set of custom Monopoly game pieces made out of pewter and wanted to know if any of you have been through this process.

I have been quoted $200 for a mold setup fee per piece which is out of my price range

You may be better off buying a Franklin Mint edition for $295 - http://www.franklinmint.com/product1.aspx?SID=2&Product_ID=1...

If you're looking to make custom tokens (i.e. something special and unique), you could try making something out of FIMO - you can get very good detail, depending on your level of talent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always try and make them yourself: find the piece you want and then spray paint it silver. Or, check out the many models that exist for cars/trains and see if they have things you could use.

One advertiser who has a banner on the top of the site always shows his custom pieces for sale. They are not pewter, though.

Do you have any experience with casting lead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
eBay often has full sets of the aforementioned Franklin Mint Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve tartella
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
absolutely none, but it certainly interests me. I might end up looking around all the different editions of Monopoly and see if I see some cool game pieces.

I'm really looking for a VW Beetle though, I've seen the old kind but none of the new bug. I know, I'm picky....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Style:

What about Micro Machine toy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Also found these 1:64 scale new beetles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
slatamilian slatamilian
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I can make custom Monopoly pieces for considerably less than 200 dollars. They would be 3D laser printed and could be almost anything that you would want. I would model them in a 3d modeling package and then print them. You could see renderings of the model before you even order. I could make them out of stainless, gold plated glossy or matte, antique bronze glossy or matte, silver glossy or matte,and other materials are available. To contact me about getting some pieces made you can email me at:

Slatamilian@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.