Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
christian arkins
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now that I've gotten your attention...was thinking about the storyline behind a mission I'm putting together for a upcoming Game con here in the heart of the midwest (Indiana). My question is: If Genestealers had to pick one of the four chaos powers, which one would it be, and why? My own thoughts after we return from this commercial break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzeentch

The Tyranids are evolution. They genetically change, adapt, and mutate faster and more efficiently than anything else in the 40K universe, with the possible exception of Tzeentch's demons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nurgle

The Tyranids work as a hive-mind. They infest the galaxy slowly, but effectively. Just like grandfather Nurgle, they are open to everybody, by absorbing their DNA and using intricate methods to infest new planets. Their presence spread with no motive but to just be there. The Tyranids are a virus above all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Khorne

They only do one thing in life...kill. Nids are killing machines and therefore please Khorne the most. (He of course would select them, the Nids wouldnt have the honor to choose which Chaos God they would serve, they would have to be chosen ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealers are actually more akin to Aliens, they implant not kill. Only in hulks are they "killers".
An argument could be made for Slaaneesh in that they are probably given some sort of thrill in tracking people down. Since they are vanguard/ambushers it would make sense for them to evolve a reaction to implanting or capturing their prey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems pretty conclusive then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian arkins
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Great answers everyone! Now I'm really up in the air as to what direction to go in. Thanx again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RICHARD GERMAIN
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Better late than never:

Khorne: old space hulk pictures back when evil hung out with evil for no other reason had a picture of a mutated genestealer-blood letter hybrid.

Slannesh: The Rogue Trader era Emperor's Children figures had an insect motif through out.

I'm not sure if this helps with your decisions or complicates it more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian arkins
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patient Zero wrote:
Better late than never:

Khorne: old space hulk pictures back when evil hung out with evil for no other reason had a picture of a mutated genestealer-blood letter hybrid.

Slannesh: The Rogue Trader era Emperor's Children figures had an insect motif through out.

I'm not sure if this helps with your decisions or complicates it more...

It's all good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.