BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: RSPer until he decides he is done posting in RSP: rcbevco rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to hold onto the mantle as long as possible, waiting for Meerkat to ask her damn questions. Alas, to no avail as she is tied up in some pro-life/abortion date. Any longer, and my thread would have slipped from "statistically insignificant" to "statistically significaant", which would have made it stand out too much in respect to other areas of my life, so.......

I present: RCBEVCO!

He has recently announced his looming departure from RSP do to life considerations, so I thought it would be a good time to get some questions in. Strike when the iron is hot, as they say

1. What does your username stand for?

2. How much are you really going to miss RSP?

3. Were you serious about a beer at Gencon? This might be my first year, and the beer offer ups the chances of my attendance by quite a bit (just someone to drink with, I can buy my own)

4. What is your biggest disappointment with the Obama administration?

5. What is the single reason you are most thankful McCain isn't president?

6. Do you think that Palin has a shot at national office anymore?

7. Which modern Republican would you seriously consider voting for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I went up to Michigan, would you show me around and hang out with me?

What would you show me and what would we talk about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb

1. What does your username stand for?

Richard Charles & Beverly COrporation. My parents’ used to own a business sewing canvas work on boats. I worked there for more the 10 years. Some of my friends called it RC&Bev co.

2. How much are you really going to miss RSP?

A lot, I've been sad about the decision all day (maybe it's my LBPness). I had the letter written up last week.... If the corporate lords knew how much I come here.... Time is quickly evaporating however. Changes at work. Having to cover patients at two clinics, starting to look at the franchise agreement, a resume, start making my stuff disappear from the office, on and on... I do plan on trying to visit. I'm not to sure that it will be very often.

3. Were you serious about a beer at Gencon? This might be my first year, and the beer offer ups the chances of my attendance by quite a bit (just someone to drink with, I can buy my own)

You betcha. I road trip with my 12 year old daughter my 9 year old son and wife might even be coming. I like your attitude!

4. What is your biggest disappointment with the Obama administration?

I thought that because his resume was so short he would be able to break the grip of the lobbyists, Har har... (Not owe them and be in their pockets). I'm a firm believer in a single payer healthcare system; he put on the kneepads before he got his hand off the Bible.

5. What is the single reason you are most thankful McCain isn't president?

I might have voted for him in 2000 [edit year, I did vote for Reagan]. Sara P. I was a transparent slice of pandering to the red meat base. He lost a lot of my respect. He's old and might not have made it through just look at how much it's aged O in just 12 months!

6. Do you think that Palin has a shot at national office anymore?

NO If O can get his shit to together, my hope is 2012. Guaranteed re-election for O assuming he deserves it.

7. Which modern Republican would you seriously consider voting for?
Good question? A guess anyone who would be called a RINO these days. A "Rockefeller Republican" I don't think that there are many of these willing to come out of the closet these days. I don't mind that the government spend money I do hate it when they waste money.

Sorry about the bad typing/pidgeon engritch trying to do this fast...soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
quozl wrote:
If I went up to Michigan, would you show me around and hang out with me?

What would you show me and what would we talk about?

There is an excellent "Air Zoo" in town. The Henry Ford Museum is very nice. A factory tour of one of the HUGE autoplants (not many left soblue ) Lake Michigan is awe inspireing, so much fresh water in one place. Occasionaly the concept of oil drilling in the lakes comes up, once you have seen them you would know why ANY risk is too much.
We could talk about anything, even politics. I am very Liberal but I do see the merit in some of the arguments from conservatives. I'd love to just play some games G-damn it! I have some interesting game design ideas we could discuss. (When cloning is perfected I plan on putting Sam-2 on that ASAP.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you hate board games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Jarred you're smart ass. laugh

Sadly my "what you have been playing is up to date".soblue For every 5 games I buy I play 1, once. soblue I guess I'm more of a collector. I love to read the rules and study mechanics. I hope to get something published someday. (Don't we all...) I don't like to give ratings on games that I have not yet played (Hence no ratings...). I do have opinions though. I recent years I've steered more towards games I can play with the kids.

I knew that some day my number would be called so I'd better get some rating up... never got around to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
I could have sworn it was the Royal Crown Beverage Company.

Good guess, like you I'm not much of a drinker. I had enough near death experiences at CMU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
I could have sworn it was the Royal Crown Beverage Company.

Good guess, like you I'm not much of a drinker. I had enough near death experiences at CMU.

I actually thought it might have been Royal Cola Beverage Company -- I like the homage to your family, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
I loved them dearly, Dad brain cancer died at age 62, Mom kidney failure dead at 65. She mananged to cash three SS checks the third cleared two hours before she died, so she got to keep it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
I'll be leaving in 15 minuets, I will try to answer any questions you have either this weekend (I usualy don't do on-line stuff on the weekends.) or next Tuesday.

I'm an Audiologist so if you have any questions about hearing loss or hearing aids shoot away (Tripp ya gezer? laugh ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
bjlillo wrote:
So if I decided to go to Detroit to see the Lions play my beloved Vikings, do you think we'd be able to get tickets?

laugh laugh laugh laugh

The Lions haven't sold out in years... Not a problem. The only time it might be a problem is when they play a team that people WANT to see...whistle

I have a light schedule today and Friday Tues. & Thursday are out the window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you take advantage of your proximity to Lake Michigan (or those other closer lakes showing on the map often? (Other than the workout from shovelling snow?)

How many Gencons have you attended and what is your favorite part(s) of it? Do you go to Origins? We may have to choose one this year and if we do, it will probably be Columbus.

Any regular gaming groups? How far will you travel for an evening, a day or a weekend of gaming?

Is an audiologist a doctor or more of a nurse/PA position? Does your progession make you more aware of/sensitive to the effects of loud music, wind noise in cars and/or crowd noise?

Do you have any recommendations for microbreweries in Kalamazoo?

Are you from that area originally? Why Portage?

Ever make it to the Kellogg's museum/commercial/amusement park?

What are the hot games with your family? Does your wife play any games? Does she grumble about you playing games?

What sports do you follow and/or participate in? How about your kids?

What game and with whom would you play if cost were not an object?

Do you think Obama would be good at any of your favorite games?

If you are ever in Detroit area on the last Saturday of a month, stop by ROBA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonus question, what cuts are your schools making with the decrease in funding from the state? Are you ticked about it? Contacted your congresscritters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
I'm an Audiologist so if you have any questions about hearing loss or hearing aids shoot away (Tripp ya gezer? laugh ).

I have hearing loss at high frequency. My low frequency hearing is better than average. They tell me it is nerve damage, not conductive or anything like that. There is always soft static in the background. They say there is no cure. I hate them. You are not one of them are you?

What is the best hearing aid for this type of thing on the market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Do you take advantage of your proximity to Lake Michigan (or those other closer lakes showing on the map often? (Other than the workout from shovelling snow?)

I’m not a boater….. Lake Michigan is kkkk-kold and is only good for swimming in June through early August. I will say that we do not go there enough (3-4 times a year). Most local lakes are shallow and weedy and e-coli-e. As far as snow goes we are just east of the worse of it, if you go west 10 miles they get approximately 50% more snow. I do have a beefy gas powered bad boy that will be getting a workout tonight.

How many Gencons have you attended and what is your favorite part(s) of it? Do you go to Origins? We may have to choose one this year and if we do, it will probably be Columbus.

Gencon’s, 5 straight. I spend 90% of my time in the exhibit hall. As my daughter (age 12) gets older (she’s gone 3 times) we get to play more. Last year we must have played at least ten different games! I want to do all of the other stuff….. someday…. She loves the costume contest it is on our “must do” list every year.
Origins, I went last year (w/ my son) with a couple buddies from way back. They’ve gone every year since it moved permanently to Columbus. I’ve been there a total of 5 times since 1978. We get a beer at lunch then watch the Gay Right s parade, if it’s the same weekend. If I could only go to one con, it would be Gencon.

Any regular gaming groups?

No.

How far will you travel for an evening, a day or a weekend of gaming?

I have a brother over in Novi and I’ve tripped over there for a day o’gaming (1-2 a year).

Is an audiologist a doctor or more of a nurse/PA position? Does your profession make you more aware of/sensitive to the effects of loud music, wind noise in cars and/or crowd noise?

I have a Masters Degree from Western Michigan University and a national certification in Audiology. I’m definitely more aware of sounds of any kind. You would think I was a musician or audiophile, I’m neither…. Hell, I don’t even own a good stereo or iPod. A musician hears a tone and can tell you the key. I hear a tone any say “Oh, that’s about 2,600 Hz.”

Do you have any recommendations for microbreweries in Kalamazoo?

THE home of Bell’s are you kidding? The Olde Peninsula has a to-die-for chocolate stout.

Are you from that area originally?

No, I lived in Marysville (Port Huron) until 1988.

Why Portage?

My wife lived on this side of the state. We were in GR and I was commuting to WMU, She home offices so we moved closer to school. Her sister married a guy from Portage at live here, voila, been a K-zooer since 1993

Ever make it to the Kellogg's museum/commercial/amusement park?

No, I wanted to see the sanitarium stuff though.

What are the hot games with your family? Does your wife play any games? Does she grumble about you playing games?

Wife,….. I have been trying for 18 years. Every once in a while I get her to play. I’m going to make for try at Dominion for Valentines Day (maybe), she likes card games. She’s ok with the hobby, she’s said its better then me watching sports all the time (like most guys). I would have to actually play for it to be an issue…. In the past I have gamed on a regular basis and she was OK with it.

Family… My daughter likes Flying Frog stuff, Pandemic. She doesn’t like things with a lot of competition. My son (age 9) is just starting to be interested. With his autism it does make game selection tricky.

What sports do you follow and/or participate in?

I enjoy watching the Lions (since the early 1980’s before that I was a Vikings fan). I was in Tae Kwon Do with the kids…they dropped out, I slipped and broke an ankle end of that.

How about your kids?
I wish. My son is Autistic and any attempt at sports has been an abject failure. My daughter is small, slight, and VERY unmotivated.

What game and with whom would you play if cost were not an object?

I’ll come back to that one.

Do you think Obama would be good at any of your favorite games?

Since he’s loosely associated with zombies… Last night on Earth? He’s very smart but might have issues with analysis paralysis.

If you are ever in Detroit area on the last Saturday of a month, stop by ROBA!

Send me Geek Mail on the particulars… you never know.

Bonus question, what cuts are your schools making with the decrease in funding from the state? Are you ticked about it? Contacted your congresscritters?

So far they’ve lengthened the school day and lopped off a couple days at the end of the year. My wife and I had a serious discussion about me running for the school board. With my work situation what it is, we dropped the idea. The state is in an economic tailspin. The cuts have only begun…… No I haven’t written any critters…YET.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Sky Knight X wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

I have hearing loss at high frequency. My low frequency hearing is better than average. They tell me it is nerve damage, not conductive or anything like that. There is always soft static in the background. They say there is no cure. I hate them. You are not one of them are you?

There is no known cure for tinnitus. Some patients will see relief with the use of hearing aids. Watch your intake of caffeine, alcohol and salt, stress in also a contributing factor to it’s frequency a severity. The most likely cause is the hearing loss. There is a style called “open Fit” and works very well for the type of loss you are talking about. Phonak is probably the best manufacturer out there. Buy the best one you can reasonably afford (they aren’t cheap). This is something you will wearing all day, so make sure you find a good Audiologist that you are comfortable with. You will be seeing him or her off and on for a long time. This is not like buying a new TV….DON’T think of it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your son. Our oldest daughter (just graduated HS with certificate of completion) is (fairly) mildly autistic. It adds a whole new challenge to the game of family. (Good luck with your daughter, too. ) She plays Pokemon CCG and once in a while we can get her to join in other games like Great Dalmuti or Kleine Fische.

Why are you liberal? Is it emotional, rational or some combination? Do you feel isolated over on the conservative side of the state? Who do you think will be our next governor.

I like Bell brews, is it worth a stop at their brewery? (I've had it mapped a couple times when we were passing through, but never at the right time.)

GM sent regarding ROBA.

You may want to start lobbying school board now, our special needs budget seems to be a large target for our cuts. (A colleague on a UP school board suggested I run for school board, too, I think the deadline is upon us for the June elections.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Sky Knight X wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

There is no known cure for tinnitus. Some patients will see relief with the use of hearing aids. Watch your intake of caffeine, alcohol and salt, stress in also a contributing factor to it’s frequency a severity. The most likely cause is the hearing loss. There is a style called “open Fit” and works very well for the type of loss you are talking about. Phonak is probably the best manufacturer out there. Buy the best one you can reasonably afford (they aren’t cheap). This is something you will wearing all day, so make sure you find a good Audiologist that you are comfortable with. You will be seeing him or her off and on for a long time. This is not like buying a new TV….DON’T think of it that way.

Now how much does Dane owe you for the consultation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Now how much does Dane owe you for the consultation?

We don't charge for consultations. I'd take a 1,000,000 GG tip!laugh [kidding]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
qzhdad wrote:

Good luck with your son. Our oldest daughter (just graduated HS with certificate of completion) is (fairly) mildly autistic. It adds a whole new challenge to the game of family. (Good luck with your daughter, too. ) She plays Pokemon CCG and once in a while we can get her to join in other games like Great Dalmuti or Kleine Fische.

I don’t own either. My son is closest to Aspergers (mild, intellectually-OCDish autism.)

Why are you liberal? Is it emotional, rational or some combination?

Both, I voted of Reagan in 84’ a friend of mine said “How the hell could you accept financial aid and be a Republican.” Up to then I’d been ambivalent. I though Carter was unfairly maligned (I still do) and that Reagan was the right guy in 84’. That financial aid conversation was the tipping point. The more I looked closely at the differences the less Republican I became. I have to admit I don’t know what political party my parents were? The older I get the more I see the private sector as equally evil as the government, with one exception. If the “rulers” fuck things up bad enough they can be un-elected. If a CEO sends my stocks into the toilet he gets a raise and government bailouts.

Do you feel isolated over on the conservative side of the state?

To some degree. Most of the far righters are closer to the lake. Kalamazoo is kinda liberal all those degrees and everything

Who do you think will be our next governor.

Any republican, unfortunately. No good Dem candidates yet, Cherry would have been pistol whipped.

I like Bell brews, is it worth a stop at their brewery? (I've had it mapped a couple times when we were passing through, but never at the right time.)

They do give tours w/ FREE SAMPLES. (last I knew) Call/email first.

You may want to start lobbying school board now, our special needs budget seems to be a large target for our cuts. (A colleague on a UP school board suggested I run for school board, too, I think the deadline is upon us for the June elections.)

Here it was Feb. 4 you might be too late, do it man! I wish our situation was different because I would have. It does take a lot of time away from family though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Sam! A few questions for you:

- I'd like to understand your relationship to games a bit better. Am I understanding right that you tend to collect games but play mostly with your children, not super-often? If so, is there anything you'd like to change about the situation -- for instance, are you interested in finding a gaming group?

- You mention that your wife tends to enjoy card games. I'm married to somebody who isn't a particular fan of games and tends to like card games better than others . . . I'm happy to compare notes with you. Have you tried the Mystery Rummy games? (I have, with some success.) What has she liked more than other games?

- What do you find appealing about the idea (or the activity or what-have-you) of designing a game?

- If you could transport yourself into any place and time (without having to worry about language difficulty or culture clash or whatnot), where/when would it be, and why?

- What are some movies/books/songs/art-of-some-type that have changed how you see things? In what way?

Enjoy your undefined-unit-of-time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
corross wrote:

Congratulations, Sam! A few questions for you:

- I'd like to understand your relationship to games a bit better. Am I understanding right that you tend to collect games but play mostly with your children, not super-often? If so, is there anything you'd like to change about the situation -- for instance, are you interested in finding a gaming group?

I would love to find a regular group. When you have kids you have to plan something out or it will never happen. I would be happy with at least 1 afternoon a month. Years ago I found my neighbor was an old gamer from the 1970’s. We played every Sat. night. He was a bit of rules lawyer but I’d do it again just to play….

- You mention that your wife tends to enjoy card games. I'm married to somebody who isn't a particular fan of games and tends to like card games better than others . . . I'm happy to compare notes with you. Have you tried the Mystery Rummy games? (I have, with some success.) What has she liked more than other games?

Not that familiar. I’ll have to look at them. As a whole she wants to spend her down time vegging not thinking. That’s the largest hurdle

- What do you find appealing about the idea (or the activity or what-have-you) of designing a game?

Mechanics, problem solving and how to recreate the action(s) you want to portray in a game format. Take for example the following well thought out ideas:
1. Dino Zoo- Using “clocks” of varying lengths, based on how far back in time you go. Capture and assemble a zoo.
2. Explore R’lyeh try not to find the bad stuff or the plastic Cootiethulthu might get assembled and rampage.
3. Time travel using chits to show deviations positive or negative from the norm at particular historical “choke points”. (resulting in a “sinusoidal” time wave) I’ve YET to see a good time travel game. Chrononauts is on to something.
4. A solo game depicting a zombie out break in Kalamazoo. Resource allocation… do you put hospitals on fixing units or finding a cure?
If you could transport yourself into any place and time (without having to worry about language difficulty or culture clash or whatnot), where/when would it be, and why?

My undergraduate degree is in history. So many hard to choose let me think on that one.

What are some movies/books/songs/art-of-some-type that have changed how you see things? In what way?

I didn’t grow up as a voracious reader. Most of my reading has been either Mythos, Star Wars (to my son) or political. I’ve read all but the last Michael Moore Book all were funny and poignant. The Imperial Life in the Emerald City was an eye opener (unfriking believable uber-incompetence) I would say that I have read well over 1,000 rule books (Creepy geeky). I like They Might Be Giants and grew up on the Clash, that might have given me healthy suspicion of both the government and business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
SpaceGhost wrote:
I tried to hold onto the mantle as long as possible, waiting for Meerkat to ask her damn questions.

I'm still waiting for Meerkat to ask me her questions. soblue

laugh Heck I haven't even finished ANSWERING my questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
So Sam... as a fellow Michigander what do you love the most about our beloved state? (I was born in St Clair Shores)

What do you like least? Do you still laugh every year when somebody makes the tired old joke about Hell freezing over?

If you are willing to share I am interested in hearing more about your son. I have friends with an autistic son and I think he is wonderful in many ways so I have an interest in learning about challenges and variations in how the condition manifests itself. Their son is very high functioning.

Do you have any theories about its cause?
What do you think about current "popular" theories?

What is the thing you enjoy most in life other than your family and gaming?

What are you basic views on religion and what formed them?

I am the TMI princess and so I should ask you something about sex...

So Pasties... food or stripper clothing?

Seriously I honestly don't have a feel for how sex questions would go over. So if you have any fun stories you are willing to share I would like to hear them. But if you don't that is ok too.

I would say that is all for now and I will ask more later... but as has been pointed out... asking more later is unlikely. So enjoy your week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Meerkat wrote:

So Sam... as a fellow Michigander what do you love the most about our beloved state? (I was born in St Clair Shores)
The best tap water in the world.
Michigan has a proud history. Whether it’s our central position amongst the largest concentration of fresh water on the planet or is roll in defeating the axis in WWII. I know it’s a little cocky but what is referred to as “the rust belt” won that war. It is sad to see how the Midwest has deteriorated. I remember Granholm’s state of the state address last year the poor woman looked like she lost her only friend. The easy cop out is to blame unions but they did build this state into what it is/was or taxes. The governor offered Wolverine 0 state taxes for the next 25 years and they still moved to Mexico. Now days businesses flee to lower wage states and countries. You can see the decline in the standard of living all over the state.

What do you like least?
As I get older I like the snow less and less.

Do you still laugh every year when somebody makes the tired old joke about Hell freezing over?
No. I do live close to Climax. Whenever I drive home from the “Big D” I go past Climax.

If you are willing to share I am interested in hearing more about your son. I have friends with an autistic son and I think he is wonderful in many ways so I have an interest in learning about challenges and variations in how the condition manifests itself. Their son is very high functioning.
Best to do in bullet points:
-He most likely has Asperger’s or a variant of it.
-He is EXTREMLY intelligent and a fast learner. He came up with a black hole theory worthy of Einstein at age 7. I always thought that the day he gets the Nobel in physics he will say “It took many ka-spare a mints to come up wiff this result.”
-He is fixated on certain topics to the extreme (Star Wars (Space), Cthulthu, Little Big Planet, Dinosaurs and LEGO.). LEGO is the only toy he’s ever been interested in. He never “role plays” with his toys.
-He has a lot of OT issues; his hand writing looks like a 4 year old; He has a significant articulation problems with his speech (which is way too loud) and in spite of 4 years of speech therapy is only marginally better; He is horrible at videogames (painful to watch) I encourage it because it is good practice because his hand eye co-ordination is so poor.
-He is VERY loving and quite the snuggle bunny. He wants to hug people all the time.
-Societal norms are an alien language; things like how close you stand next to a person, touching, age appropriate behavior are all very challenging. He has a hard time following metaphors and the like.
- He only eats certain foods and if they aren’t cooked exactly right they will induce a gag reflex.
-He will only wears loose fitting clothes but prefers tightly whities?
-Very compliant and doesn’t argue a lot.

He’s a wonderful child and I love him with all my heart.
We will need to help find him a good woman because he will need it.

Do you have any theories about its cause?
My wife says the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree.

What do you think about current "popular" theories?
I think the “Autism explosion” has two main factors one is heredity the other is (most likely) all the nasty chemicals we are being exposed to on a daily basis. Also I think a lot of kids are being identified that would have been overlooked in the past.

What is the thing you enjoy most in life other than your family and gaming?
Studying history, “doing” art.

What are you basic views on religion and what formed them?
I grew up and a Lutheran. I was an altar boy and many people thought I should become a pastor. Time went on and so did college, the more I studied the less sense it made. I think you have to be able to “grasp” invisible unicorns to have any kind of true faith. I admire the philosophy behind religion but I can’t get my mind to grasp that unicorn. My father was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. He was a man of faith (Filled in for the pastor, gave communion… on and on) and should have had nothing to fear because “heaven” awaited him. On the gurney out side the OR he wept in fear and didn’t even pray. He when it and came out in a comma, God works in mysterious ways my ass. If there is a God he’s an asshole.

I am the TMI princess and so I should ask you something about sex...

So Pasties... food or stripper clothing?

Stripper clothing. FYI leg/ass more than a mouthful is a waste. (PS my wife is a 6 footer! )

Seriously I honestly don't have a feel for how sex questions would go over. So if you have any fun stories you are willing to share I would like to hear them. But if you don't that is ok too.
None that are funny.

I would say that is all for now and I will ask more later... but as has been pointed out... asking more later is unlikely. So enjoy your week.

The corporate overlords have started monitoring internet activity so I have to cut and edit in Word then post it to keep the “traffic” down. I don’t surf outside of work so the response times will get slower and slower as my schedule fills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.