Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Coney
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Lignify" says "Enchanted creature is a 0/4 Treefolk with no abilities."

If I enchant indestructible creature with lignify, is it still indestructible? I ask because the rules state that indestructible isn't an ability, it's just something that's true about the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Indestructible" isn't an ability, but "Stuffy Doll is Indestructible" is. If you were to put a Lignify on Stuffy Doll or Darksteel Colossus, or any other creature that says "~this~ is Indestructible" then it would take away the ability that is making them Indestructible, so they would no longer be Indestructible.

However, if you Lignify a creature that is Indestructible from any other effect (such as the enchantment Indestructibility, or Darksteel Forge, or the Marit Lage Token made by Dark Depths), then that creature will still be Indestructible.

EDIT: Errata killed one of my examples!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruprecht
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
bsushort wrote:

However, if you Lignify a creature that is Indestructible from any other effect (such as the enchantment Indestructibility, or Darksteel Forge, or the Marit Lage Token made by Dark Depths), then that creature will still be Indestructible.

Minor nitpick - the latest Oracle errata to Dark Depths changed this behavior. The token now has "This creature is indestructible".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rupes wrote:
Minor nitpick - the latest Oracle errata to Dark Depths changed this behavior. The token now has "This creature is indestructible".
Somehow I'd completely missed that errata. At least now that means the Marit Lage token is actually correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Coney
Croatia
Zaprešić
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not anticipate this. Thanks for the clear answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.