Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Why oh why...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't potato chips be good for you? Or at least not bad for you?

I love sitting down with a large glass of tea and devouring a bag of chips. Yes, I'm well aware that they're far from healthy, but they taste so good. I guess I'm an easy person to please, because of all the different flavors and brands of potato chips out there, my favorite is still a good old bag of Ruffles.

But why can't they not be bad for me to eat?

Oh well, my dad has a good theory about this, and all food: "If it tastes good, spit it out."
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:
Oh well, my dad has a good theory about this, and all food: "If it tastes good, spit it out."
Note to self: Never have dinner with James' father. You'll either have awful food, or have some guy sitting there spitting his food all over the place.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
jrbentley wrote:
Oh well, my dad has a good theory about this, and all food: "If it tastes good, spit it out."
Note to self: Never have dinner with James' father. You'll either have awful food, or have some guy sitting there spitting his food all over the place.


Lol!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
Avatar
mbmbmb
plus love for the chips. I can't buy them because I'll just sit down and finish off the bag.

There's a regional company here called Mike-Sells. They make some great chips. I really like the ridged chips with good french onion dip.

I can also get down with some Pringles, yo.

and Sunchips -- Harvest Cheddar

Strangely, I haven't eaten a chip in months. As stated before, I cannot manage my addiction. It's all or nothing and I'm on the wagon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite chips have potatoes, safflower and/or sunflower oil, vinegar powder, sea salt, citric acid, maltodextrin. That doen't seem that bad to me. And I don't eat 'em everyday. What's in yours?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
My favorite chips have potatoes, safflower and/or sunflower oil, vinegar powder, sea salt, citric acid, maltodextrin. That doen't seem that bad to me. And I don't eat 'em everyday. What's in yours?


Nothing good for me....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Baked chips are just salty potatoes with a bit of oil and flavoring. They're only 25% fat from calories with no cholesterol. Not really any vitamins or minerals, so they're basically just flavorful fuel. I get my nutrients from fruits, veggies, and fish so some good baked 'tatoe chips are delicious and won't hurt me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:
blindspot wrote:
My favorite chips have potatoes, safflower and/or sunflower oil, vinegar powder, sea salt, citric acid, maltodextrin. That doen't seem that bad to me. And I don't eat 'em everyday. What's in yours?


Nothing good for me....

I'd tell you to change your brand then, but that might be like telling a smoker to go from no-filter to filter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.