Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Miracle
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first in a series of session reports investigating the occult and strange found at my local gaming store.

While shifting through the ashes at the back of an abandoned game store in the rubble of the strip mall during the recent zombie apocalypse, I discovered in short order one ding and dent Ticket to Ride and the trapped half crushed animated corpse of a former game store patron. The zombie, crushed lower half pinned beneath a beam, strained to reach me and rend my limbs. As anyone reading this can attest finding opponents in the modern age of the zombie in what is left of our shattered civilization is difficult at best so my reaction while unorthodox is understandable. No, I didn’t shoot the zombie as common doctrine dictates even though I had my trusty shotgun slung across my back. Despite everything I’ve learned as a survivor and despite the fact I know Zombies aren’t truly alive I craved nothing more than a quick game to make me feel as if I was truly alive. I opened the box and set the pieces. I gave the zombie green and I myself choose black. I typically choose to keep all the first draw tickets especially when they are for longer higher scoring routes as there is plenty of time to make them happen and I don’t need to spend later turns drawing anything but train cards. The zombie seemed confused and still strained to reach me but I noticed he didn’t return any tickets either. Truly a canny adversary. Early game progressed as you’d expect with me pulling slowly ahead as I claimed routes originating from New York, until my zombie opponent surprised me by claiming two 6 train routes in a row. By the end game it had mostly gone downhill with me struggling to connect through one of the remaining two paths to Miami for my third and final ticket. The zombie had developed a satisfied tone to his characteristic moan and was that a smirk or just the typical death rictus? I began to fear the worst and as we counted up points and I saw I was defeated, a despair to match my train color choice overtook me. I remember stumbling from the rubble hand to my face while the zombie waved a half clawed boxed of Dominion in my direction as if to say “Play something else?”

Next Time Le Havre with Dracula and Small World with the frozen head of Walt Disney
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.