Boian Spasov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
We are the knights who say...
badge
Ni!
mbmbmbmbmb
I drew an otherworld event that automatically closes the gate i entered through. I suppose I can't seal it in this case, but do I claim the gate as a trophy?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand, the upcoming FAQ will clarify this situation, and will probably be a slightly different answer.

Until then, read the card carefully. Some (most, I think) will say 'you close the gate' or 'then close the gate behind you' or some variation where it is instructing you to close the gate. In this case you would get a trophy. In our group, we also allow paying clues to seal at this time, I believe the FAQ will not allow this.

If the card says something to the effect of 'the gate closes behind you' or 'the gate is closed' or some other statement of fact that is not an instruction to you, then you would not get the trophy.

I don't have specific examples one way or the other, I'm afraid, I'm nowhere near my physical copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the glorious day this famed faq will come out, the heavens will crack. and the ffg server will break down with sheer amazement. wow
and the gazillion players who have the famed faq at LAST. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
And we'll all have to reassess our game play and relearn the game all over again.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woods
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and he will look down and see that it is good...and tasty with just a dash of salt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
the glorious day this famed faq will come out, the heavens will crack. and the ffg server will break down with sheer amazement. wow
and the gazillion players who have the famed faq at LAST. whistle

Sadly, I predict it still won't stop hordes of n00bs asking rules questions, majority of which are answered by following the Core Rule of Thumb of Arkham Horror:

FOLLOW THE PHASES goo .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reynolds
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Sadly, I predict it still won't stop hordes of n00bs asking rules questions

God forbid you ever miss a single sentence in a 50 page Rule book
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only 19 pages currently (first 5 pages don't have rules in them) .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.