Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gre3ntea wrote:
IS there anywhere to find this game locally in San Diego or Orange county? Help much appreciated!!

It's hard to find everywhere... :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Ruesch
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to find because it's out of print...but I did find an online retailer with one orginal copy left:

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p128276.html

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing how three or four years ago they couldn't give these things away... I have not seen them on the market for a while and have never seen them in a game shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Van Tran,

It isn't local, but there's a store here in coastal NC that has a copy that they are willing to sell for $25. They said they might be willing to ship. If you call them you can find out more info:

http://www.head2headgamesonline.com/
901-238-4209

Disclaimer - I don't work for the place, nor am I friends with or related to anyone there. I just happened to see a copy when I was there a couple weeks ago. Would have bought it myself, but I already have two! (One that I bought full retail when it first came out, and one that I found at Toys R Us last summer for $8!!!

Good luck. I hope you find one - it's an AWESOME game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in my country singapore, my online retailer still has a copy. it's not cheap, and you'll have to suffer shipping cost, but you can check it out and see if it fits your bill.

All prices are in SGD.

http://www.boardgamelifestyle.com/?p=search&t=basic&searchfi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Tea
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Thanks. I will def check out that store in NC. I don't know if I should try calling local TRU or something. This game looks really fun, I just wish I had gotten into games like these other than usual Monopoly stuff etc. earlier!! If I knew it was a game I would enjoy I wouldn't mind footing the extra cost as per eBay, but I've never even played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Nexus Ops was available for a long time at ToysRUs at an inexpensive price. There's a lot of copies out there. If you don't have any luck finding it via retailer, look for it in people's trade lists. Go here --> http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/items/boardgame/1536... It's a big list of people that are looking for other games and are willing to trade away their copy (or one of their copies) of Nexus Ops for them. If you don't have something to trade for it, go poaching. Find someone with it that is looking for an in-print game that is relatively inexpensive, come to a mutual agreement with them, then have the game they're looking for delivered from an online discounter directly to their house. They'll be happy to make the trade and you'll get Nexus Ops.

This sounds like a fair amount of work, but for Nexus Ops I recommend it. Just a sweet little game. Very underestimated in my opinion, it's a tactical little euro with a lot of variability to it. Plays two, plays three, plays four, plays two teams of two. Truly unique look and feel to it as well.

By the way, I got my copy by trading away Last Night on Earth and a toy truck on Fortress: Ameritrash. That was one hell of a deal!

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you didn't find a copy yet (or for anyone else looking for a copy):
I noticed tonight that my local (Gainesville FL) "HobbyTown USA" has a new-in-shrink copy on their shelves for the original retail $45. The guy said he thought they do shipping upon request. 352-377-0077.

They also had a copy of Vegas Showdown, also new-in-shrink, also $45. (VS was in that same series of Avalon Hill/Hasbro games and is also OOP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Tea
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
still havent found one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the BGG Marketplace there are three USA sellers listed.

Are you adverse to ordering a game from a fellow BGG'er?

All my dealings have been top notch.

I doubt you will find the game online for chaeaper than it is listed... well, at least until after you purchase it. LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Tea
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
no it's just that it becomes steep after calculating shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
gre3ntea wrote:
no it's just that it becomes steep after calculating shipping

So it's more like
Quote:
still haven't found one {at the right price}

It's a great game and in my opinion it's worth the current BGG marketplace prices! (I really lucked out and got it at ToysRUs for $20 when they had warehouses of it they were trying to clear out, but I still feel it's worth twice that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Tea
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
That is exactly right! I am trying to find someone to trade my Sid Meier Civilization to for this game.. or sell that game and take the money to invest in Nexus Ops!! I just feel like so many people got it for so cheap and now the price is high!!!! I just contacted head 2 head games because they never got back to me after I called them. But we will see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Tea
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
I got it! 25 + 10 shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you were able to get it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Barnesworth
United States
Placerville
Nor-Cal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
only $35.....I'll avoid the rush and start hating you now.

Close to $100 on BGG marketplace right now. Ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
£35 including shipping, from Australia (to UK). Flash to bang it took 2 weeks from www.milsims.com.au in Oz - they must be using some sort of steroid-popping uber-pigeon to courier the games cos the shipping estimate was 8-10 weeks. Anyway, good experience and I commend the retailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
If sees a copy for less than $90, please let me know or post here

I've been trying to get this game for a month now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
check ebay once a week. I got mine there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elgin_j wrote:
£35 including shipping, from Australia (to UK). Flash to bang it took 2 weeks from www.milsims.com.au in Oz - they must be using some sort of steroid-popping uber-pigeon to courier the games cos the shipping estimate was 8-10 weeks. Anyway, good experience and I commend the retailer.

Yeah, that pigeon must have been on some serious drugs!
I ordered the game and it took exactly 1 week from they send the game till it arrived in Denmark!
Thank you for making me aware of the shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.