3 Posts

John Prados' Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: Surrender to several nations => who gets the objectives ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Lapinou
France
flag msg tools
Although I haven't be very successful on my last attempt about the fleet trains, I was asking myself another question :

How do you share objectives when a nation surrenders to several nations ? (which is almost always the case)

In the case of France, the rules clearly says it surrenders to the country that has units the closest to Paris. Does it work the same way for Germany ? That means the USSR is almost sure to win the individual victory since it is likely to be clos to Berlin at the end of the game.
So how do you check individual victory among an alliance ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Pielhau
Germany
Luedenscheid
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the situation you describe is unique to France. If e.g. Germany surrenders all objectives not conquered by any other nation are up for grabs and do not automatically fall to the nation that is closest to Berlin. So the individual victory goes to the nation who gets the most objectives even if he just has to move through them to get them (since they are now unoccupied).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Luta
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree--unoccupied objectives go to neither side, outside of the special case of France. This seems to make the decision about whether to race for Berlin, or take more objectives, more tricky, prevening the Allies from winning as big as they can if everyone just works solely towards defeat of Germany. For example, the Soviet player might not want to race directly to Berlin to try for the German surrender, and then just share whatever level of coalition victory, when by delaying and picking up more objectives, they can get a higher victory level and win outright. Or perhaps the Soviets are behind in the objective count, then racing straight for Berlin will make sense, hoping for a surrender early enough to make the coalition victory the highest, hence achieving a tie victory rather than a loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.