Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snow was falling outside and the fire was warm... time to break out the boardgames.

The game started out very slowly I was play a Hasteur-Yog combo and my opponent was using Cthulhu-Shub. I was first and I became somewhat worried when I didn't draw any characters under 3 cost, unable to play any cards, with much trepidation I passed the turn to him. As luck would have it, h was even worse off than I, the lowest cost character he had in his hand was a 4!

He also unable to play, ended his turn. it was at this point that the tide turned in my favor. I cashed a third resource and brought out the the reawakened elder thing. Seeing as he still drew no low cost characters, I was able to go for two full story phases unopposed with my reawakened elder thing (the second time I also brought out a forgotten shuggoth).

Finally he cashed his fourth resource on a domain and was able to bring out Y'golnac, he was still at a disadvantege because of my investigation and soon I was ahead 2-0 in stories.

It was at this point when things began to look better for him, the next two turns he brought out Bokrug and Dagon, I however countered with the Tcho-Tcho Tribe and Hasteur. It was beginning to look like I was going to have a 3-0 victory. It was not to be however as he re enforced his characters with a gug.

Using a combination of well committed charachters and events he prevented me from getting the fifth and game winning token on the story where I had 4. He got up to 4 tokens on two stories and won one of them. Now was when his luck finally deserted him, I used agoraphobia, and resurrected the reawakened elder thing that he had killed. Sending All my character to the story, I triumphed in the investigation struggle and Won.

That game was one of the strangest I've ever played, He would likely have won if he had drawn any of his low-cost characters in the beginning and their absence cost him two stories and thus the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a fun one.

That's what makes CoC so much fun. You never know how the initial draw will turn out and which cards will become resources. Also if both decks are slow, a patient player doesn't need to fret a 2-0 disadvantage. Things can change in a hurry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.