Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
In a 2 player advanced game my opponent took all the goals, and I could not even tie any of them. I won anyway. 49 to 49. Not a recommended strategy, by any means! You can see the Genie tableaus here.

Obligatory backstory to get through the session report gatekeepers:

He was DAFfy with an early Gem World, giving him plenty of money. I was New Sparta early, and had nothing in my initial hand but outlaw world. I called E1 / Settle hoping to get something better than Outlaw World. Indeed, an Uplift world came up. Also New Galactic Order, which I squirreled away to bring out much later.

Turn two we both traded, and he began to his march to get tons of developments. With the cash I built Imperium Lords and New Military Tactics (with Alien Warship in hand).

He put out Replicant Robots and began getting mass production and goals. I put down New Galactic Order. The critical turn we both started at 8 tableau with near full hands. I called Dev, he called Settle/Settle. I put down logistics and could have built out, but had I done that I would have lost on points, since he had such a goal advantage. Instead I left two of my four settle actions on the table, and waited for my other action (produce) to draw up to 12 cards.

He went in to the last turn up by a few points, but with only 1 card in hand. He called Explore/C2x. I called Dev/Settle. I dropped 11 points worth of buildings to his 4, weathered his anemic consume powers, and that that was the game.

A squeaker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.