Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Long story short, I cleaned Walmart out of everything they had (DnD set and a couple of boosters), got Valkyrie Master off of Craigslist and am trading for Swarm of the Marro here on the Geek.

I noticed on the box back of Valkyrie Master here on the Geek that it says 2nd edition rules. My box does not have this written on it so I assume it does not have the 2nd edition rules.

I am however assuming that the latest DnD Master set has the most up to date rules in it. If I use these rules will I be ok? Im assuming so, just wanted to check. TIA and best, Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lynch
United States
Brooklawn
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the rules in your D&D set as they are the most up to date. You can also find the most up to date FAQ on Heroscapers.com. Welcome to the addiction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomlynch wrote:
Use the rules in your D&D set as they are the most up to date. You can also find the most up to date FAQ on Heroscapers.com. Welcome to the addiction.

Thank you Tom! Will do!

Another question, a couple of the boosters had 2 ice tiles in them, is there a reference sheet somewhere for all the terrain? That would sure be handy (as I havent found the rules for the shadow tiles in the DnD one, still looking though). Best, Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Make sure that you go to Heroscapers.com to get further addicted. If you are looking for any rules, it'll be there.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quatsch wrote:
Make sure that you go to Heroscapers.com to get further addicted. If you are looking for any rules, it'll be there.

Enjoy!

Awesome found a quick start guide that had the terrain listed. I LOVE how customizable this game is, you can make any tile anything you want...this is truly awesome. I cant believe I didnt get into this earlier. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
I cant believe I didnt get into this earlier. surprise

You'd be surprised how many of us have said that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You, sir are treading on dangerous waters, hehehehe..... Anyways, there is nowhere on the Valkarie master set that mentions 2nd edition. One way to tell is checking to see if your water is semi-clear (1st edition) or solid colored (2nd edition). Enjoy.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, wellcome to the addiction... zombie = happy zombie!

On Heroscapers.com you can also find downloadable versions of the rulebooks for the terrain expansions. (snow is covered in the Thaelenk Tundra rules.) Sadly the terrain sets are scarce, to put it mildly, at the moment...

Direct link to rules downloads:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/downloads.php?do=cat&id...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks gents!

Teamski wrote:
You, sir are treading on dangerous waters, hehehehe..... Anyways, there is nowhere on the Valkarie master set that mentions 2nd edition. One way to tell is checking to see if your water is semi-clear (1st edition) or solid colored (2nd edition). Enjoy.

-Ski

Dont want to be a butt to ya Ski but read the last entry on this box back . Mines definitely first, I have the semi clear/sparkly blue tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Hales
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a whole lot of difference between 1st and 2nd edition regarding the rules. It isn't like some other games where the rules change in some significant way with each new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent Minivann wrote:
There isn't a whole lot of difference between 1st and 2nd edition regarding the rules. It isn't like some other games where the rules change in some significant way with each new edition.

This is good to know!

Ive downloaded the unofficial back story from that site as well, looks like someon put alot of work into the Fluff and the compiling of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only rule change I'm aware of, between 1st and 2nd edition, is the rules for height. In 1st edition you could climb heights equal to the size of the model. In 2nd edition it got changed to height lower than the size of the model.

Pretty cool for you to have found a 1st edition Master Set. The sparkling water is sought after by a lot of Scapers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Another 'scaper!

Welcome friend.

I bought the first master set as a possible intro into minis wargaming for my 8 yr old daughter 5 yrs ago.
I thought it took a little too long to build the battlefield and then the rules seemed rather simplistic so we only played twice then it sat on the shelf for 2 years.

But then I read something about the Advanced rules and realized I had completely overlooked the OTHER side of the army cards! (slaps forehead)

Since then it has become my favorite game of all time and building the battlefield is often as fun as playing.

Cheers!

-Fallow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks gents!

Quick question anyone have a unit list that one can print out and mark off which packs and such they have? The ones I found on Heroscapers.com dont cover some of the latest releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Thanks gents!

Quick question anyone have a unit list that one can print out and mark off which packs and such they have? The ones I found on Heroscapers.com dont cover some of the latest releases.

This thread on Heroscapers is the best one for up-to-date unit information. In particular, you probably want to see the units listed by expansion.

There is enough information and strategy ideas in the "Books" to keep you busy reading for quite some time. Enjoy

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8099
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.