Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the movie. In my opinion, it was excellent. I know it may have not been 100% realistic (according to some veterans who've posted their opinion about the movie), but it was still very tense and (I thought) moving.

And as far as I'm concerned, it's better than Avatar, which I've also seen.

Now I can't wait to see "The White Ribbon"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
I'm curious as to the price of the tickets. How much did you pay? It's been a while since I saw a move at a theater. My brother went to see Avatar because of a friend and paid $14 for the ticket and another 2-3 for the 3D glasses. For that price and I figure I'll let the interwebs tell me all about it in joke form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todays avatar: Last time I saw Axl he was waiting for his forever home.
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the Hurt Locker earlier this week on Showtime On Demand for $5.00. My lady friend recommended it. I liked it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
I'm curious as to the price of the tickets. How much did you pay? It's been a while since I saw a move at a theater. My brother went to see Avatar because of a friend and paid $14 for the ticket and another 2-3 for the 3D glasses. For that price and I figure I'll let the interwebs tell me all about it in joke form.

Well, I actually bought the movie ($19.95) and watched it...I collect some movies and that's one I wanted.

Our local theater charges $2.25 for the matinee and only $4.50 (give or take)...but it's got a reputation for the movie usually messing up. Believe me, they more than make up for the cheap ticket prices on concession sales!

The nearest "nicer" theater charges $7 - $8. We don't go to that one too often. (We're "tightwads... )

But I would have had no problem paying $7 or so to see The Hurt Locker. It's well worth it (in my opinion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available in 1080P for download from DirecTV for $5.99. I'm recording a showing tonight so we can watch it tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I liked The Hurt Locker. But truthfully, if noting apples to apples, I thought Generation Kill(HBO mini-series) did a much better job. Whatever that job was. I still think it doesn't have a snowball's chance for the Movie of the Year Oscar though. But a good movie none the less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.