Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
I just got back from my sisters house... barely. The trip took me over three times as long as it usually does because it was snowing. I was pretty worried because my little Honda was sliding all over the place. Then I got stuck going up two very large hills and there was no way for me to backtrack without hitting another large hill. I really thought I was going to spend the night trapped in the woods. All I could think about was that the snowfall was not expected to let up until tomorrow night. Somehow I was able to fight and inch my way up them by using a grassy bank on the side of the road for traction but it wasn't easy. This was probably my worst experience driving in the snow but thankfully I made back safely and in one piece.

I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow I think I'll start planing to move to either Austin or San Diego. SCREW YOU SNOW!!! //shakes fist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
wow SPOON! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Been a hard winter here in the Midwest. The three weeks following Christmas were nasty. Another 6 inches of snow today and another foot is forecast. I've shoveled more snow the last 6 weeks than I have in the last 5 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
tickmanfan wrote:
San Diego.

Let me know if you get down here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you didn't have to spend a freezing night in the car. That would have sucked bigtime.

At least, this time, there wasn't any dead deers lurking on the road for you to bounce your little honda over. Think of how much more interesting that would have made the drive home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I live in Western PA, and my hour-long trip home from work turned into three and a half hours. There were a few Oh Sh!t moments coming home, but it was just mostly slow cruisin'.

I was planning on going to Ohio for Superbowl at the in-laws, but that has been canceled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Banichi wrote:
At least, this time, there wasn't any dead deers lurking on the road for you to bounce your little honda over. Think of how much more interesting that would have made the drive home.

You know, I did think about that briefly on the ride home. No more Dukes of Hazard stunts for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
San Diego.

Let me know if you get down here...

Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coase wrote:
Yeah, I live in Western PA, and my hour-long trip home from work turned into three and a half hours. There were a few Oh Sh!t moments coming home, but it was just mostly slow cruisin'.

I was planning on going to Ohio for Superbowl at the in-laws, but that has been canceled.

Yeah, I'm over in Center Township, Beaver County, and my son and I have been shoveling the driveway for the past hour, and it's only 25% done. We have at least 18" of snow, and we are supposed to get another 6" today! Gahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The view out my front door as of a half hour ago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:

I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow I think I'll start planing to move to either Austin or San Diego. SCREW YOU SNOW!!! //shakes fist

or Florida??????

Glad you're OK!! I bet you probably wished you would have spent the night at your sister's!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:

or Florida??????

Glad you're OK!! I bet you probably wished you would have spent the night at your sister's!!!!!

I dunno about Florida... It's been pretty cold down here. I actually had to turn the heat on in my car last night. Full blast, even! At least for the first couple of seconds. Brr.

(Glad you're okay, btw.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.