Roman Serebryakov
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, my family had a great experience with the game, played the standard mission 2 times. The kid that we bought it for, loved and and he wanted to play something more "adventurous" laugh than straight up killing zombies.

I went through the rules for advanced games and got stuck on the Gas marker/Explosion thing... I saw couple of people asking similar questions here and I found Jason's answer + all the FAQs I could find... shake Still, I don't get how those weapons work...

I would like to know exactly how players can use the Gas markers or Explosions...

- First, when do heroes get to lay the Gas marker on the board, how do they do it? Is it during the move phase, or starting phase, or...?

-Second, when do they shoot it, during the long range attack or during fight, or what?..

-Third, Jason said that spilling the Gas tank (marker" and shooting it is the best way to deal with zombies... Well, how does it work? Nowhere did I find the rules for that...

-The last one...
quote :"So, if it is possible to have 2 Gas Markers in the
same space, and if you shoot at one of them,
when they explode, all the Zombies/Heroes have
to roll twice to check if they die?
ex: 2 Gas Markers, Hero hits one, a Zombie in an
adjacent space must roll 1 or 2 in two dice rolls,
or he dies. Is this correct?
Correct! So... don't stand too close to multiple Gas
Markers.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com
"

ehhh, so help me to get this straight. In the rule book it says whoever hits the Gas Marker with long range weapons gets to use other rolls for any adjacent models... It doesnt say anywhere that zombies get to roll dice ALSO... so, zombies have a chance to escape explosion? or...?
surprise

Is this a one way fight or 2 way fight , the heroe blowing up the Gas tank and zombies (or other heroes) escape it?

again, rules:
"Any Zombies or Heroes in the space are immediately Killed; any in adjacent spaces are Killed on the roll of 3+. Remove the Gas Marker from the board."

nothing said about mutual dice rolling

Appreciate your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_wacko wrote:

- First, when do heroes get to lay the Gas marker on the board, how do they do it? Is it during the move phase, or starting phase, or...?

From the Gasoline card in the Hero Deck:
"At any time during your move, you may discard to douse your space or any adjacent space with Gasoline (place a Gas Marker there)."

So you place the Gas Marker on the board exactly when the card says - at any time during your move.

orange_wacko wrote:
-Second, when do they shoot it, during the long range attack or during fight, or what?..

From the back of the rulebook under Gas Marker:
"A Gas Marker my be ignited as a Ranged Attack using a Ranged Weapon (roll to Hit as though it were a Zombie) or by throwing (Discarding) any Item with Keyword Fire at it using - Range: 2 Spaces, Hits on 3+."

So you ignite it during a Ranged Attack, just like it says.

orange_wacko wrote:
In the rule book it says whoever hits the Gas Marker with long range weapons gets to use other rolls for any adjacent models... It doesnt say anywhere that zombies get to roll dice ALSO... so, zombies have a chance to escape explosion? or...?
Is this a one way fight or 2 way fight , the heroe blowing up the Gas tank and zombies (or other heroes) escape it?

"Any Zombies or Heroes in the space are immediately Killed; any in adjacent spaces are Killed on the roll of 3+. Remove the Gas Marker from the board."

nothing said about mutual dice rolling

It is not a Fight, so the Zombies and Heroes do not roll dice mutually. The Zombies (and Heroes) in adjacent spaces escape the explosion if the Hero who ignited the Gasoline does not roll a 3+ for them.

Hope this helps.

Edited for accuracy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gasoline cards can be discarded to place a Gas Marker at any time on a player's move (as it says on the card), either in the space they're in or in any adjacent space. Then, the gas marker remains on the board where it is. Any player may later shoot at it or throw a Fire Item at it (discarding the Fire Item) during their Ranged Attack phase. This works in the same way that ranged attacks work when shooting with a gun at a zombie... there is no return attack. If you hit it, you hit it and that's it.

Per the rulebook, the range is 2 and you hit on a 3+. Any Zombies or Heroes in the space with the gas marker are immediately killed, and any Zombies or Heroes in any adjacent space are killed on the roll of 3+.

It is indeed very powerful and can be a real game changer, but you need to time it right and try to make sure that you and any other Heroes are 2 spaces away from it when it explodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Serebryakov
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I think it makes a little more sense now, but still I have 2 questions left unanswered:

-how do u spill the gas tank and ignite it (or it is considered as dropping gas marker and later shooting it)?
and
why did Jason say this about igniting Gas markers that are adjacent or have the same space: follow the link

to make it clear what I am wondering
The guy asks him: "So, if it is possible to have 2 gas markers in the same space, and if you shoot at one of them, when they explode, all the zombies/heroes have to roll twice to check if they die?

ex: 2 gas markers, hero hits one, a zombie in an adjacent space must roll 1 or 2 in two dice rolls, or he dies. Is this correct?"

Jason (Game Designer of LNoE) replies: "Correct! So...don't stand too close to multiple Gas Markers.

- Jason
"

so... zombies get to roll dice to see if they die or not??

the FAQ i found somewhat to be useful:

http://files.boardgamegeek.com/file/download/3196j7rzpl/LNOE...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... I always play it that the Hero who ignites the Gas Marker rolls to see if the Zombies and Heroes in the adjacent spaces are killed in the explosion, but you could easily have the Zombie player roll for their Zombies in the adjacent spaces instead. The effect is the same and there is still only one die rolled per model. No mutual dice rolling like in a Fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Serebryakov
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Rob, I like your way way better (how ab my 2 different ways of using the word "way" there laugh)

To me, I would like to be clear on small things like that so we woulnd't waste time during game figuring all this out. I like the way where if u shoot the Gas tank, u roll the die for each zombie or heroe to see who dies, it makes sense.

thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my way way better too! laugh

Glad I could help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_wacko wrote:
Okay, I think it makes a little more sense now, but still I have 2 questions left unanswered:

-how do u spill the gas tank and ignite it (or it is considered as dropping gas marker and later shooting it)?

I did answer that already... "Gasoline cards can be discarded to place a Gas Marker at any time on a player's move (as it says on the card), either in the space they're in or in any adjacent space. Then, the gas marker remains on the board where it is. Any player may later shoot at it or throw a Fire Item at it (discarding the Fire Item) during their Ranged Attack phase."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Serebryakov
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
orange_wacko wrote:

I did answer that already... "Gasoline cards can be discarded to place a Gas Marker at any time on a player's move (as it says on the card), either in the space they're in or in any adjacent space. Then, the gas marker remains on the board where it is. Any player may later shoot at it or throw a Fire Item at it (discarding the Fire Item) during their Ranged Attack phase."

Okay, I guess then "spilling" the Gas tank and making it the explosive are the same things. Because it seems like spilling is just droping the Gas marker and making the Explosion - shooting it. I just thought there is another way of using the Gas marker and doing damage than just shooting it.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gasoline is often used for other purposes depending on the scenario, but in general the only thing you can use it for is to place a gas marker on the board.

Of course, being an explosive also allows it to qualify for event cards like "I'll See You in Hell!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
orange_wacko wrote:
Grudunza wrote:
orange_wacko wrote:

Okay, I guess then "spilling" the Gas tank and making it the explosive are the same things. Because it seems like spilling is just droping the Gas marker and making the Explosion - shooting it. I just thought there is another way of using the Gas marker and doing damage than just shooting it.

Thanks

Gas as a weapon is a two-step process. You discard the Gasoline card to place a Gas marker on your space or an adjacent space. You can do this at any point during your move. Placing this gas marker is step one.

Step two is igniting the gas, causing the explosion. You can do this by throwing a fire item at it or by shooting it with a ranged weapon. This creates the explosion described in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.