6 Posts

Catan: Cities & Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two Cities on the one Hex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Clarke
Australia
flag msg tools
I've been looking on the net a little while for a ruling on this as it came up in one of our games not long ago...

In normal Settlers, the max resources you get from a hex is 3 regardless of how many cities/settlements you have around it. But what happens in Cities and Knights when you have two cities on the one hex that also produces a commodity, say Ore and Coin? What combination of cards do you get?

We couldn't find a rule for this, so we just said 2 Ore and 1 Coin. Is this correct? What do other people do in this instance?

Cheers
Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh? Where are you getting the rule that you can only get three commodities from a hex? You get all that you're entitled to: one per settlement, two per city. If you have three cities around a hex, you get six cards from that hex. Three is the maximum number of settlements/cities you could have around one hex, but it's not the maximum number of cards you could get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Clarke
Australia
flag msg tools
Well, there you go. We've been playing settlers for over 2 years, and that's a rule we've always used, and for the life of me I can't remember who said it or where it was seen. We've just accepted that was the rule.

Now i understand why there's no rule in Cities and Knights that explains my situation that i described above.

Just one of wierd things, you don't question a ruling, everyone learns it that way and moves on. This'll probably change some strategies somewhat

Feel free to call me a doofus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vsaeo6 wrote:
Just one of wierd things, you don't question a ruling, everyone learns it that way and moves on. This'll probably change some strategies somewhat

Feel free to call me a doofus

Nonsense. Some of us love to go back and reread the rules just for the fun of it (at least I do), so we're lucky enough to stumble upon corrections to our current perceptions. But not everyone falls in this camp. I'm glad you raised the question and got it resolved. Now you've got a whole new game to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing for years and only just recently discovered the rule that no one gets resources if there aren't enough to hand out to everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolle Colart
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
I've been playing for years and only just recently discovered the rule that no one gets resources if there aren't enough to hand out to everyone.

Exception: When there is only one that gets 1 kind of resources, then that person will get all remaining resources.
Example: After the throw of the dice, player green is the only one that gets bricks. He is entitles to get 5 bricks, but there are only 2 at the bank. Green will get the two bricks from the bank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.