WARS Trading Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions from playing the Demo Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KC
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love space themed games, and i decided to give the WARS TCG a try.
Whilst playing a 2 player game, we came up with some queries:

1. Can you use a character's special ability if it is on board a ship? (eg, i have a Quay Navigator providing its Piloting 1 ability to whatever ship he is on. Can he also use his other ability - the one that cancels a drain if you place him on your used pile - while he is on the ship?)
2. If my Quay Navigator is on a ship, and a sector battle occurs here, can i use my Quay Navigator to pay for attrition/casualties before assigning any to the ship my character is on?

If anyone can help that would be great!
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think ive managed to work out the answers, but if anyone could confirm that would be great!

1. After reading the spoiler list of all the cards, it seems some cards have specific abilities which states fairly clearly they can be used while a unit is on a ship (eg Killer Cait Grimalkin)

2. After re-reading the complete rules, in the description of the battle phase where they explain attrition and casualties, they mention loosing units and/or ships at a battle, so i figure Yes, you can damage the units first before the ship (which should make a big difference to the game, because we played it wrong last time where only the ship could take damage, and all hands on deck were lost with it!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(1) Typically, I would assume they can use their special ability any time unless there is a condition stated on the card that is not met. So the Quay Navigator ability could be used regardless of his location.

(2) Yes, you can use characters to soak up attrition/casualties first.

That's off the top of my head for a game that hasn't been played in a long time... but it's what I recall. Will try to check later on this week and change the answers above if they aren't right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Herron
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
When playing as Quay you won't have this problem because most of their ships have tons of capacity. But don't let someone slap a bunch of cannon fodder aboard a ship that has a capacity of 0. Nothing is more maddening than expecting attrition to wipe out an enemy fleet only to have the put a bunch units aboard ships to soak up attrition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
nahdogg wrote:
When playing as Quay you won't have this problem because most of their ships have tons of capacity. But don't let someone slap a bunch of cannon fodder aboard a ship that has a capacity of 0. Nothing is more maddening than expecting attrition to wipe out an enemy fleet only to have the put a bunch units aboard ships to soak up attrition...

what about using ship weapons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.