Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Pham
United States
Whittier
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know it says in the quest phase rules to use the last season's order card setup, but I was wondering if they mean just use last seasons's player order straight, or recalculate it using any adjusted influence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fulwiler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. It's a straight up copy of the last season's orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say that in the rulebook? We've been doing it using adjusted influence totals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Where does it say that in the rulebook? We've been doing it using adjusted influence totals.

Same here. This method doesn't require you to remember the order from the previous turn, and also seems in line with the "tie-breaking" rules on page 31.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateo jurasic
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
its a rule, in the book. Try looking in the quest section. Quest order is determined by the order number of previous season, with tie breaker of influence tokens.

And you dont have to remember what the last season card was, since it should be face up in front of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mateooo wrote:

And you dont have to remember what the last season card was, since it should be face up in front of you.

Sorry. I meant "remember player turn order from the previous season", not "remember the last order card played".
Thanks for all the "answer collection" work you're doing!
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
mateooo wrote:
its a rule, in the book. Try looking in the quest section. Quest order is determined by the order number of previous season, with tie breaker of influence tokens.

Yes - what we're saying is agreeing with you. However, the first reply in this thread said that the quest phase followed *exactly* the same turn order as the previous season, regardless of any changes in influence levels in the intervening time. This, as far as I know, is incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateo jurasic
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
i dont think it says anything about "same order" just "turn order determined by orders played last season"
so changes in influence should be reflected as a potential change in player order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be worth noting that this "previous Order number" doesn't just apply to questing, it applies to ALL season secondaries.

IE, in Fall, choosing Influence or Tactics card is done in order - and in some of my games, the order does matter, as one player's choice might depend on another player's choice if it's a close game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YEs it is not an exact copy of the previous season. Use adjusted influence to break ties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.