Popular Tags: [View All]
Toasted Jones
United Kingdom
Rugeley
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We invited the family, not all gamers, round for a fun, light games session. We pulled out Bang! tail end of the evening, more because we hadn't played our copy yet than anything else. My personal thought was this may have been a bad move and a bumbling rules overview didn't help matters.

"So is this bang, bang you're dead?"

But the theme definitely perked more than a passing interest around the table and once I'd fully refreshed my memory of how to play the darn thing, we were up and shooting in no time.

"Yes!"

I soon became a target, I wasn't Sheriff, but for some reason, everyone felt more than comfortable shooting the rule explainer guy! I quickly played a barrel and tried to stock pile beer and missed cards. Quiet difficult when you're losing bullets left right and centre!

I fought back and it was good to see no one was shy having a pop at each other, which I must admit, I wasn't sure how this side of things would go.

"Excellent, I can Bang everyone with this gun!"

The gloves were off and it was clear that me and my brother were coming off worse, with no real basis for strategy at this point. Then I fell. First to go out with a pin point shot from the other side of the table at the hands the newly purchased weapon of my Dad. Smirk on his face he just said, you can help your Mum out now, who was still getting to grips with the whole thing!

I was revealed to have been an Outlaw and this started the next phase of discussions, who was who. My wife was the Sheriff and she was now trying to work out who her ally was and the next set of shooting began.

"A hint to the Deputy, Help!"

My Brother showed his hand with some attacking moves on the Sheriff. This marked his end and was soon out by the hands of some interesting players. He was revealed as another Outlaw and the remaining players were gaining a good feel for who was who.

I was helping my Mum out a bit, which probably increased her chances of being hit, with other players now more confident on what they were doing. More interesting cards were being played and players were now drawing cards to look for actions they needed, all good stuff.

"Sorry, I'm going to bang your Mum!"

The first and only Duel of the night took place between our friend and my Mum. 6, yes 6 bang cards later, my Mum lost the duel. But then the Sheriff played a Gatling gun, which took out our friend who was indeed the Deputy! My wife lost her only ally and to rub salt in the wound, didn't take out any of the bad guys.

So it was all out for the end game. A couple of Bangs later and Mum was next to fall, and revealed as the renegade. Trust my Mum to draw the hardest character to play!

"So, what does this Dynamite do?"

2 players remained, my Wife, the Sheriff, versus my Dad, the outlaw. So what happens? The Sheriff plays the Dynamite card to raise the stakes for the end game. It was great fun watching the last 2 players drawing a card to see if they would blow up. Amazingly, the Dynamite didn't blow!

As the tension rose, my Dad drew Bang cards and the Volcanic gun to allow multiple Bangs on the Sheriff. After a few defensive rounds, the Sheriff couldn't repel all attacks and my dad, the outlaw, stood alone victorious.

An excellent game and much fun was had by all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Surprise hit of the night

That is what happens when you don't retain some dodge cards or have a barrel to hide behind. Although I prefer to do my shootin' at high noon. Anyway nothing a beer won't fix.

Edit: Your dad also made you and your brother win. Also did you remember to have the Sheriff discard all her cards in her hand and on the table for killing the deputy? (this usually makes a very quick end to the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toasted Jones
United Kingdom
Rugeley
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a couple of things wrong, but nothing that ruined the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.