7 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader» Forums » General

Subject: ASL just ruined my brand new game of Space Hulk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Koba
Faroe Islands
msg tools
I´ve been having a blast playing Space Hulk for the last couple of months....then I ordrered ASLSK1...and played it a couple of times.....now Space Hulk just seems...tame....lame....without real tacics....too automatic...like a boring kids game....etc. etc....Damn you ASL! Damn you straight to hell! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep Space Hulk on the shelf just for those times when your available opponents are not up to ASL. Or when my brain isn't up to ASL.

Glad ASL has ruined Space Huulk. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siinji wrote:
I´ve been having a blast playing Space Hulk for the last couple of months....then I ordrered ASLSK1...and played it a couple of times.....now Space Hulk just seems...tame....lame....without real tacics....too automatic...like a boring kids game....etc. etc....Damn you ASL! Damn you straight to hell! devil

You know.. I've played ASL for many, many years, and I've always wondered why those really popular games like Catan and Carcasonne didn't really involve me. I had always thought it was a function of my personality, too combative or competitive or technical or something. It never occurred to me until now that ASL is just a much more intensive game experience (though the post-ASL headache should have been a clue!).

Like a drug, you can only go to harder & stronger..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sell your copy of Space Hulk while it still has high market value. You're going to need the cash to feed your ASL habit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koba
Faroe Islands
msg tools
Hehe...wonder if I can buy ASL in liquid form....so I can inject it directly into my bloodstream.....zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe A. Redjac
China
Beijing
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Siinji wrote:
Hehe...wonder if I can buy ASL in liquid form....so I can inject it directly into my bloodstream ...
Wrong approach. A true grognard liquifies himself then asks to be injected into ASL.

See you on the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Magallanes
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
uweareuter wrote:
Wrong approach. A true grognard liquifies himself then asks to be injected into ASL.

See you on the other side.

This made me spit soda on my keyboard. Kudos, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.