6 Posts

At the Gates of Loyang» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why discarding helpers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hello.
What's the point of discarding helpers, as it is said in the rules? Is there a limited number of helpers available for the player? If I get it right, the helper you may keep the helper as long as you want before playing it.
There must be something I missed.
Thanks
JP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
antiphon77 wrote:
Hello.
What's the point of discarding helpers, as it is said in the rules? Is there a limited number of helpers available for the player? If I get it right, the helper you may keep the helper as long as you want before playing it.
There must be something I missed.
Thanks
JP

The cost of a 2-pack is dictated by the larger of the number of shops or the number of helpers you currently have. So if you have a large number of helpers, you may want to discard some to lower the price of a 2-pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also use discarding a helper to "release" the second card of a 2-pack you kept earlier at an opportune time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Danielson
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will also discard helpers to keep my opponents from using a con man or other such helper on me. If I can't use it, no one can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grildensnork wrote:

The cost of a 2-pack is dictated by the larger of the number of shops or the number of helpers you currently have. So if you have a large number of helpers, you may want to discard some to lower the price of a 2-pack.

Markets not shops, you only have one shop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zark wrote:
Grildensnork wrote:

Markets not shops, you only have one shop

Sorry, mixed up the nomenclature there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.