Subject: Pre-Painted minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Collard
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if this would come with unpainted figures or not. I love the sculpting style of both the figures and the maze itself, and the colours on the figures in the photos, but I would never be able to replicate their appearance myself, so I'm hoping they come painted...

(As an aside, am I the only one who is reminded Pan's Labyrinth? Not that that's a bad thing by any means.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the first production run [when the game is ready for that] most likely the miniatures will be unpainted metal.

Victoria has looked into doing pre painted figures with no success. So if you know anybody who knows anybody... drop her a message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheshire Swift wrote:

(As an aside, am I the only one who is reminded Pan's Labyrinth? Not that that's a bad thing by any means.)

No you are not the only one. But have you seen the much earlier film, The Labyrinth, by Jim Henson. Victoria attributes the influence of this movie as her original inspiration for the game and the style of the board here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/297362/how-did-you-come-up-w...

I think the Twiglet design number 2 reminds me very much of Pan's Labyrinth but the newer Goblin Knight looks a lot like Froud's style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Collard
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Mass wrote:
But have you seen the much earlier film, The Labyrinth, by Jim Henson.

I have, it was an old family favourite. I actually described this game to my film-buff friend as a cross between the two. It's part of what's got me so interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Lamb
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
thr33why wrote:
For the first production run [when the game is ready for that] most likely the miniatures will be unpainted metal.

Victoria has looked into doing pre painted figures with no success. So if you know anybody who knows anybody... drop her a message.

Update: the manufacturer I am currently in negotiations with is capable of doing the labyrinth and miniatures in pre painted resin. This will mean the boxed set will be complete, ready to play and as close to the original as possible. The metal range of unpainted miniatures are will be available separately as an option for miniature collectors and hobbyists.
Vic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
victorialamb wrote:
thr33why wrote:

Update: the manufacturer I am currently in negotiations with is capable of doing the labyrinth and miniatures in pre painted resin. This will mean the boxed set will be complete, ready to play and as close to the original as possible. The metal range of unpainted miniatures are will be available separately as an option for miniature collectors and hobbyists.
Vic.

Fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Collard
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
victorialamb wrote:
Vic.

Great! I do like metal figures but I don't want to have to paint them and hopefully the resin will bring the game into my price range as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
victorialamb wrote:
thr33why wrote:

Vic.

Color me looking forward to this coming out in a big way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is very good news. For those who like to paint, they can buy the bare metal verson instead. I simply don't have the time for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painted minis? Where do I sign up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.