Hellenes: Campaigns of the Peloponnesian War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Basic question: scenario setup and move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
This question had been answered but just to double check: Lacedaemon comprises of five regions, separated with dotted lines. During set up, I may place Spartan units anywhere on those five regions, provided set up sheet states Spartans start in Lacedaemon (which it does). Is that right?

Now, the other question wasn't answered: does it cost one point to move between regions of the same nation i.e. between two regions separated with thick dotted line? Or is it that only moves between thick, solid lines require spending one action point? If the latter is the case - which I believe is! - why would you keep your forces scattered all other province if it costs you precious points to gather your units in once region?

I am sure I've mixed things up. Help, anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thies Kolln
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, any move between areas, whether in the same nation or between nations costs a movement point.

As to why you'd scatter forces across Lacedaemon: the main reason that I see is to prevent the Helot Uprising event card from affecting you. Secondarily, to discourage an expedition from Athens against an unprotected city. Remeber also, as a movement action you can do a muster, thereby calling your scattered forces together to prepare to march en masse on Athens (or another target of your choice).

I'm no expert on this game, but those are my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Athenians have a card that can cause one of three provinces in Lacedamon to revolt against Sparta IF Sparta does not have military units in the province. So, as Sparta, you generally would want to keep at least one block in the those provinces to insulate yourself against a revolt.

It costs 1 movement point to cross into any province. The dotted versus solid lines denote nations/provinces.

Remember the mustering rule: 1 action point to collect units within marching distance into a single province. It's very useful.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Remember the mustering rule: 1 action point to collect units within marching distance into a single province. It's very useful.

Yes, Mustering is a very useful tool. One minor correction:

You cannot muster to just any area; it must be a controlled city. This distinction is important as it forbids mustering to a sea area.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Thank you all for helpful input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.