Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First.Great ,great game!

And the questions :

Is it worth researching the "burrow" card? It looks very underwhelming to me.

2nd:What happens with your supporting units if your frontlines are destroyed.I think i know the answer but it doesn't hurt to have a clarity on that.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Freelunchpirate wrote:
First.Great ,great game!

And the questions :

Is it worth researching the "burrow" card? It looks very underwhelming to me.

It can be. Having "cloaking" can be handy to keep your units alive. Even with the cheap Zerg units, it's still cheaper to not have to buy them again.

Quote:
2nd:What happens with your supporting units if your frontlines are destroyed.I think i know the answer but it doesn't hurt to have a clarity on that.

Unless the opponent has some splash damage, usually nothing will happen to the supporting units. That means if the attacker wants to WIN the battle, he will usually want to bring more units than the defender has, and probably some splash, because if even ONE non-Assist defending unit is left, the attacker must retreat after the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian Wolf
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Having "cloaking" can be handy to keep your units alive. Even with the cheap Zerg units, it's still cheaper to not have to buy them again.

plus you don't have to expend any actions to bring the newly built units to the contested planet. That is huge! If someone wants to annihilate you from a 4 zone planet it's gonna cost them dearly.

Quote:

Quote:

Unless the opponent has some splash damage, usually nothing will happen to the supporting units. That means if the attacker wants to WIN the battle, he will usually want to bring more units than the defender has, and probably some splash, because if even ONE non-Assist defending unit is left, the attacker must retreat after the battle.

That is incorrect afaik. If there are only support units left on the defenders side, they have to retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Schlotter wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

That is incorrect afaik. If there are only support units left on the defenders side, they have to retreat.

Support units and Assist units aren't the same thing. Support units are ANY non-Front-Line units; they aren't always Assist units.

If the defender has only ASSIST units left, then yes, he will have to retreat. But if the attacker didn't bring enough units in, leaving some non-Assist support units, those units will not retreat.

IE, if the attacker brings in 2 Marines against 3 Zerglings and a Queen, and kills 2 Zerglings, ther will still be 1 Zergling (not an Assist unit, but it was a Supporting unit in one of the skirmishes) and a queen. Since the Defender has at least one non-ASSIST unit left, the attacker will have to retreat.

If all that was left was the Queen, however (an Assist unit), the Queen would have to retreat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.