Filip W.
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Euros are better with dice!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in need of hordes of dice. Hordes and hordes of dice (we're talking hundreds here). I need them to be in set colors (say 5 to 8 different colors) and set types (ranging from D4 to D20) and I've got no idea how many of each type I'll need (but the same amount for each type in each color).

I've been thinking of Chessex's Pound-o-dice but that's too random and seems to yield too many D6s. I've been scouring eBay as well, but when I do find cheap dice (like the 10 D10s for $0.65 offers from Hong Kong) the shipping to Sweden is prohibitive.

Where should I turn now?

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pabian
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Have you considered contacting Chessex? That might be your best option to actually contact a dice company because your looking to buy an amount that is usually not sold to consumers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest www.dicepool.com. I've found that they have very reasonable prices on bulk dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.dice.co.uk/

I don't know any other European dice suppliers, but dice.co.uk is a good company.

Contact them for their current catalog and a quote.

I have an out of date catalog from 2009, so deffinitely get a current quote from them. My out of date catalog says:
MULTI-SIDED DICE - OPAQUE £ per 100
SIZE WEIGHT 100 250 500
4 sided 1.9 16.25 13.00 11.80
6 sided 3.0 16.25 13.00 11.80
8 sided 2.8 16.25 13.00 11.80
10 sided 0-9 3.1 16.25 13.00 11.80
10 sided 00-90 3.1 16.25 13.00 11.80
12 sided 3.6 18.55 14.80 13.50
20 sided 1-20 4.6 18.55 14.80 13.50
20 sided 0-9x2 4.6 18.55 14.80 13.50
16 sided 1-16 4.6 15.40 12.35 11.20

Colours:
White, Black, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Orange.
Special multi-sided dice can be made - see notes.

The current exchange rate is 1 GBP = 1.56380 USD

Edit: The discount keeps going up for volume. If you order 20,000 it's only 5 cents a die
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I second dicepool. Prices as low as $0.09 per die in large enough quantities. All kinds of shapes and colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I got a big pile of d6's from amazon.com for less than a penny a piece. I don't know if they offer the other shapes though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
check out educational suppliers in Sweden as well...

would save on shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
ebay, or Koplow games, though Koplow is based here in the US and not sure about shipping rates.

You can request a catalog/pricelist - all I can say is Koplow is even cheaper than dicepool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kawski
United States
Midland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you find the dice on amazon for less than a penny a die? The cheapest I found was $12.99 for 100.... Did you happen to mistake a decimal place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Ferris
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This won't help anyone outside of the U.S., but EAI Education carries a surprising assortment of cheap dice:

http://www.eaieducation.com/search.aspx?Keyword=dice

d-everythings, double dice, blank dice, foam dice, inflatable dice, dice assortments, quiet dice, oversized dice...

Mmmmmm... must... order... dice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
nickferris wrote:
This won't help anyone outside of the U.S., but EAI Education carries a surprising assortment of cheap dice:

http://www.eaieducation.com/search.aspx?Keyword=dice

d-everythings, double dice, blank dice, foam dice, inflatable dice, dice assortments, quiet dice, oversized dice...

Mmmmmm... must... order... dice...

Looks like they are reselling Koplow's products, with at least the standard markup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.